Chapter 23: Bruises and Burdens

Beep..... Beep.... Beep.... I heard thinking it was my alarm for school. I jumped up. "In gonna be late!" I screamed trying to get up and then felt my mom push me back down. "Sweetie it's okay your in a hospital bed its okay." She said rubbing my cheek. I looked down to see an IV in my arm and a machine where all the noise was coming from. I tried to remember what exactly happened and then it all came back to me at once... the bat... The fight... The pain.

I must have been just staring thinking about it all because my mom was whacking my arm. "Brianna!" She screamed. "Sorry I was just thinking..." I said looking down. "Your safe now. Mark was captured and he is in juvenile jail for now and he will be going on trial soon in court. There's nothing to be scared of anymore." She said in a soft voice. "Where's Grayson?" I asked looking around. "He's in the hallway. He stayed here all night they wouldn't let him stay in here though, they said only family members overnight in the room so he stayed in the waiting room. He didn't even sleep!" She said. "Wow..." I said blushing. "He was worried sick about you." My mom said looking at the door. "Can I see him?" I asked. "I'll go get him and I'll wait outside so you 2 can have alone time." She said getting up and walking towards the door.

A few moments later my door opened again. Grayson was standing in the doorway. He had a cut lip and some bruises on his face. He looked exhausted and worn out. His eyes started to water up. "Come here." I whispered. He ran over and jumped into the bed hugging me so tight it took my breath away. "You don't know how worried I was about you." He whispered through tears kissing my head. "Baby look at yourself." I said breaking the hug and touching his cheek. "I don't care about me, you're the only thing that matters." He said smiling. I pulled him in giving him a long passionate kiss. "So did your mom tell you about Mark?" He asked playing with my fingers. "Yeah." I said with a sigh. "That dudes lucky I didn't kill him. I gave him a broken nose, cut lip and his face is all swollen. I should him who the real leader was." He said smirking. "Oh my gosh gray." I said nudging him. "How are you feeling?" He asked going to pick up my shirt. I quickly moved his hand. "No gray no..." I said pulling my shirt down even longer. "What I just wanted to see if you were bruised." He said with sad eyes. "Well that's just the thing I don't want you to see them..." I said looking down. "Babe." He pleaded. "Grayson no." I said not letting go of my shirt. My stomach had really bad bruising on it and I knew Grayson wouldn't be able to handle his anger. "Okay." I said finally giving up.

After a few more minutes of talking, the doctor walked in. "Hi I'm doctor tuckus you are Brianna and Grayson?" She said sitting down. "Yes." I replied. "Well it looks like you're are in pretty good shape just except the bruising on your face and stomach." I felt Grayson staring at me when she said bruising but I just ignored it.

"Before you leave I just want to check on the baby just to make sure the baby experienced no head trauma from the bat poundings on your stomach." She said walking out the door to get the machine. When she walked back in she put the gel on my stomach and rubbed the machine over it. On the screen, everything was just black gray and white. "Where's the baby?" I said giggling. "Sometimes they like to hide." The doctor laughed back. After 5 minutes the doctor had a concerned look on her face "I will be right back." She said running out. I looked over at Grayson who was also concerned. "It will be okay." Grayson said grabbing my hand.

After a few minutes, another doctor walked in with doctor tuckus. "Hi I'm dr. Sullivan it seems like the baby is camera shy today!" He said laughing. "Yeah I guess so!" Grayson said laughing. After a few minutes, the doctor put a different gel on me. He walked out of the room with the other doctor, not saying anything. After a few moments, my plans began getting sweaty and Grayson just gripped my hand tighter.

The doctor walked back in. "What's going on?" Grayson asked. Dr. Tuckus just stood there. "Um I'm so sorry..." She started off. "But you lost the baby." She said with a sad expression. "What do you mean I lost the baby?" I asked feeing my eyes tearing up quickly. "The baby is...dead from all the hits you suffered, the baby died." She said gulping and walked out of the room. My eyes got so watery I couldn't even see straight. I was in total shock. I can't believe this. Oh. My . Gosh.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Hey hope you liked this chapter and it had another plot twist!👏 but it's sad😭 dont forget to vote and comment I love your feedback❤️ love you all -kirsten 💋