Chapter 51: Memory and Memories

Grayson's POV
"So why are you here?" Dawn asked. "Honestly?" I asked with a sigh. "Honestly." She replied. "My uh... My girlfriend got shot in the head...3 times and now she's in an emergency s-surgery..." I choked out. "Oh my lord I am so sorry." She said patting me on the back. "Let's take a walk." She said standing up. I looked up and she had her hand reached out to me and I grabbed it.

"So tell me about her." Dawn said as we walked. "Well she's beautiful. She has these really nice brown eyes but she thinks there ugly because there brown. And she has really nice thick brown hair too that she also hates because it's always frizzy to her but to me it's perfect. And she's just amazing. She loves ice cream, it's her weak spot. If I promise it to get her some she will practically do anything. And she's a goofball. We would wrestle all the time and no matter what we do, it was always fun even if we were just sitting on my couch watching spongebob . Life was a blast with her and I'm just.... Not ready to see her.. Leave..." I explained. Dawn stopped. "Sounds like a great person." She said and smiled. "Yeah she is." I replied smiling at that fact. "Tell me about yourself." I said. "Well I'm 55 and married to the love of my life. We ain't got no kids unless you count 3 dogs as kids, then we have 3 kids. I could never get pregnant but that's alright. We ain't the richest but I love my job. I work down at Marty's diner and everyone knows me for my famous pancakes." She replied with a smile. "How do you stay this happy?" I asked laughing. "Well son people forget this a lot. Life's an easy thing. People make it difficult. You're no always gonna have bad days and you sure as hell ain't always gonna have good days but when there good days, enjoy them because they can be taken from you the next." She replied.

We walked some more and talked and she even bought me cookies to eat. We were down the hall from the waiting room when dawns friend came back out. "Well I gotta drive this man home but I'll be praying for yall." She said giving me a hug. "Thank you so much really." I replied. "Anytime sugar, come down to Marty's diner if your ever bored I'll make ya some pancakes!" She said with smile. Just as she left, there was another body in the waiting room. I could see him from down the hallway. It looked like a male. It was.... The doctor.

"Grayson dolan?" I heard him say. I sprinted down the hallway. "That's me that's me!!" I screamed like a 5 year old. The doctor looked exhausted. "Oh my gosh hello doctor thank you so much for your time please tell me everything's going to be okay?" I said quickly. "Well grayson, her surgery is over but she did get shot in the head. She is awake-" he started but I didn't let him finish. 'She is awake' were the only words I needed to hear.

I started running down the hall to her room. I swung open the door. "Brianna baby!" I said through tears and ran over to her and hugged her tightly. "Help help!" She screamed. "Babe what's wrong you need the doctor?"i asked with worried eyes. She looked confused, tired and scared. "Get off of me!" She yelled in disgust. "Bri baby don't be like that come on!" I said starting to cry. "Who are you?" She asked. "What?" I asked. "Who the hell are you get away from me before I call the police!" She cried grabbing her phone. I stopped. My whole world stopped. What does she mean she doesn't know who I am. This is the girl I loved. "Brianna... It's me... Grayson... I'm your b-Boyfriend." I choked out grabbing her hand. She quickly snatched her hand away. "I don't know who you are!" She yelled. I took her phone from her and showed her all our photos on her phone. "Look that's when we went to the beach! And that's when I made you an ice cream sundae! And that's ethan ryan you and me swimming! Do you remember them? Baby you got to remember what's going on?!" I said breaking down. "You set me up you put these on my phone to trick me!" Brianna said snatching her phone back. I turned around and saw the doctor standing At the door. I walked over to him.

"You didn't let me finish before." He said. "CLEARLY!" I screamed with anger. "Since she got shot in the head she doesn't have any memory grayson. None. She might remember her parents but we aren't sure yet. She might regain memory overtime but that is very rare. I'm sorry." The doctor explained. "Okay." I nodded my head trying not to break down. I ran down the hall just as my family was walking back in. "Hey gray-" my mom started but I pushed my way though them and ran outside. I ran and ran and ran down the side walk in the night. Why is this happening why why why why why does she forget why why why why why? My vision started getting blurry because I was crying so much. I started shaking and I knew I was having a break down again. I collapsed on the sidewalk and cried my eyes out for a good half hour. I finally put my self together enough to walk back to the hospital. It was 6;00 am.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Hey guys I hope you liked this chapter!❤️ everyone kept saying to update so I did💙 you all better love me because it's 12:50 am and I have the flu so I stayed up super late for you guys and I'm sooo tired😷 anyways comment and vote love you all💖 -kirsten 💋