Ilvermorny House Flowers

Wampus: Gladiolus (strength, remembrance, infatuation, integrity, honor)

Wampus is well-known as the Ilvermorny house that represents the body of the witch or wizard and favors warriors and values traits such as courage, bravery, and strength

Wampus is well-known as the Ilvermorny house that represents the body of the witch or wizard and favors warriors and values traits such as courage, bravery, and strength. So it's only fitting that such a beautiful flower as the gladiolus, should represent Wampus. 
In floral history, gladiolus flowers have several different meanings. Because of their association with gladiators, they traditionally symbolize strength, sincerity, and moral integrity. Gladiolus flowers also represent remembrance. Though their sword-shaped leaves hark back to ancient swords and battles, Victorian romantics determined that gladiolus flowers were capable of piercing someone's heart with their beauty, adding infatuation to the list of traditional floral meanings.

The flower is also a symbol of healing. The Mediterranean and British used gladiolus flowers to treat physical illness. In England, the corms of gladiolus plants were used as bandages for drawing out splinters and thorns. In powdered form and mixed with goat milk, the corms were also found to soothe symptoms of colic in babies. Some species and parts of the flower are poisonous though and should not be within reach of children or animals as they can cause allergic reactions such as skin irritation. If you want to be safe, you might be better off just enjoying the gladiolus as a decorative flower.

Horned Serpent: Dahlia (elegance, creativity, inner strength, dignity, change, uniqueness)

Representing Horned Serpent, the house of the mind and scholars is the dahlia. First of all, I have to say that the dahlia flower is the national flower of Mexico because it comes originally from this country, but today this flower is also a favorite all over the world.

The Dahlia flower has always been very important in a cultural and also in historical sense. During the Victorian period, the dahlia flower has got special symbolism. This symbolism exists even today, so there is a lot to say about the symbolic meanings of dahlia flowers. First of all, we have to say that the dahlia flower usually symbolizes the bond between two people that will last forever. That's why this flower is commonly used in wedding ceremonies and other arrangements. It symbolizes that the love of a couple that is going to get married will be eternal. All around the world the dahlia flower is known as the symbol of marriage and love. In the Victorian period, this flower represented long-lasting relationships and this symbolism is present also today.