Vacations @willowwhisps

Witches and wizards do a lot of the same types of vacations that No-Maji do: traveling, beach days, museum trips, visiting national parks, etc

Witches and wizards do a lot of the same types of vacations that No-Maji do: traveling, beach days, museum trips, visiting national parks, etc. But we have some differences, of course!

Students are free to go home for vacation or stay at the castle during the duration. Should a student be staying somewhere else for a vacation as a family member's or friend's house, the school must be notified in case anything bad happens to the student, like for instance: death in the family or a wedding. Students 17 years and older may stay somewhere else entirely such as at a pub on a wizarding street such as Steward Square, in Adams or North Adams. Students that go away for the holidays come back at a certain date and must be at the train platform at a specific time or find alternate methods of transportation. Students who live near Mount Greylock or from New England are free to come home anytime they wish, or if they want, they can stay at home and go to school. How you get there is up to you.

Vacationing students often flock to certain cities that are filled with the history of the wizarding world. This includes, of course, Salem, Massachusetts, NYC, San Francisco, Savannah, Charleston, Philadelphia, New Orleans, etc. Sports games are common, but they are usually Quodpot or Quidditch instead of No-Maj games. However,  football, basketball, soccer, and baseball are popular everywhere in America! Some students skip school on St. Patrick's Day and drive to Boston for the parade. Baseball is, without a doubt, the most popular No-Maj sport in Wizarding America so students sometimes also head to Boston to catch a Sox game at Fenway Park or to New York City for a Yankees or Mets game. In winter, students sometimes head to nearby Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine to go skiing or snowboarding. In the spring, students are given the chance to decide on where to go for Spring Break vacation. For instance, they can vote to go to Maine, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York City, Boston, and so on.