Camping Trips @willowwhisps

At Ilvermorny, both the school and individual houses organize camping trips in the beautiful Mount Greylock State Forest

At Ilvermorny, both the school and individual houses organize camping trips in the beautiful Mount Greylock State Forest. The entire school is invited to participate in the school camping trips, while only members of a specific house are allowed on their respective house camping trips. However, students from other houses may be allowed to join if the house agrees. If a student misbehaves or breaks the rules, they may not be allowed to go on the camping trip. Usually, camping trips are not held during the winter due to the harsh weather conditions, and they are hidden away from No-Majs.

Camping in the Black Forest is not allowed. However, students are provided with charmed tents to sleep in, and 6-8 students are assigned to each tent, depending on the size of the interior. Students can also bring their own tents from home if they prefer. They usually bring their own food, though food is also provided during the trips. Students engage in a variety of camping activities such as hiking, swimming at Sayre Falls or the Shrouded Lake, fishing, and other fun activities. The trips usually last all weekend, from Friday to Sunday, but can also be held during the week. If a House wishes to plan a camping trip, the Head Of House must approve it. Thunderbird House goes on camping trips more frequently than any of the other Houses as they are known for their love of adventure.