Sucre-Bleu

Located in Steward Square, Sucre-Bleu is a sweet shop and ice cream parlor founded by a French immigrant witch in the early twentieth century

Located in Steward Square, Sucre-Bleu is a sweet shop and ice cream parlor founded by a French immigrant witch in the early twentieth century. Adeline Sucrese, a famous pastry chef originally from the south of France, came to Ilvermorny as a transfer student from Beauxbatons in her sixth year. She loved it so much that she decided to stay close by. Her shop has been passed down to her grand/great-grandchildren (though she is still alive and can be seen around the shop occasionally). It stocks classic popular wizard candy, like the British version of Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Beans and Chocolate Frogs, but many British candies (not unlike their muggle counterparts) are considered illegal imports. The Americans more than make up for this, however, with some originals of their own, like balloon gum, which allows one to blow a bubble so large that it will float anywhere from a couple of inches to a couple of feet off the ground; or chocolate eggs at easter filled with a variety of little prizes, anything from enchanted jelly beans to miniature rabbits or chicks. They also stock a variety of enchanted muggle candy, like pop rocks that emit little fireworks when they pop (very popular around the 4th Of July and New Year's), or SweetTarts Shockers that will literally shock you; in very American fashion, they have one of those fill-your-own-sugar-tube things, but the flavored sugars have been imbued with fairy dust that will do anything from giving the eater a confidence boost to allow them to literally bounce off the walls, for a short amount of time. As well as the American version of the ever-so-popular Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Bean, featuring every regional variety from across America. Of course, they also make more regular sweets: Hard candies, lollipops, chocolates, ice cream, French pastries, patisserie, and fudge are all made in-house, and other normal sweets are brought in according to the whims of the store owners, so there's always a surprise.