Quodpot @willowwhisps

A variant of Quidditch, Quodpot was invented in the eighteenth century by Abraham Peasegood and is the most popular wizarding game in the United States

A variant of Quidditch, Quodpot was invented in the eighteenth century by Abraham Peasegood and is the most popular wizarding game in the United States. Peasegood traveled to the United States from England, and, during the trip, his wand came into contact with a Quaffle in his trunk. The resulting interaction meant that, when he took the Quaffle out and began throwing it around, it exploded in his face. Having a lively sense of humor, Peasegood and his friends set about recreating the effect on a series of leather balls, and the game of Quodpot was born.

Centered around the explosive properties of the ball, known as the Quod, a game of Quodpot is played between two teams with eleven players each. The players attempt to get the Quod into the pot at the end of the pitch before it explodes. When the Quod is safely in the pot - which contains a solution to stop the Quod from exploding - the scorer's team gets a point and a new Quod is brought into play. Any player in possession of the Quod when it explodes must leave the field of play.

Quodpot is one of the most immensely popular sports in Ilvermorny. Tryouts are on November 1st and any student second year and up can try out. Usually, first-years are not allowed due to inexperience, but they may be put on the team if their Head Of House or the team captain sees great potential in them. Each house competes with each other in matches in the Inter-House Quodpot Cup to win the coveted Quodpot. The season is usually year-round with games held every weekend. Players wear the same uniforms as they do in Quidditch. The most famous Quodpot rivalries are Wampus vs. Thunderbird and Horned Serpent vs. Pukwudgie.

The Quodpot pitch is located near the Quidditch stadium at Isolt Sayre Memorial Park in Steward Square. Every team has its own banners and merchandise. Snacks, Omnioculars, and binoculars are sold during matches. When a team wins, there's a party in the house's common room. The Captain is usually voted in by the team with final approval by the Head Of House. The Head of House acts as faculty advisor to their respective house's Quodpot team. All of the best Quodpot players in the nation all went to Ilvermorny.

Quodpot Uniforms

The Quodpot uniforms at Ilvermorny are designed quite similarly to European Quidditch robes, but because of the nature of the game, they are required to be more durable and fireproof. This does, of course, cause them to be less graceful.

During the Inter-House Quodpot Championship, every House's uniform is colored differently to tell the difference while on the field. They all have the cranberry and blue of Ilvermorny, but the outer jacket is toned with green for Pukwudgie, orange for Wampus, purple for Thunderbird, and turquoise for Horned Serpent. In addition to this, the House Crest is emblazoned just above the player's name and number on the back, and the Ilvermorny Crest is located on the front pocket of the robes.

Goggles are provided to improve eyesight while flying, along with gloves and socks on colder days. Enchanted boots help connect players to their broom's footrest/kickstand almost magnetically, and shin, elbow, and upper arm guards protect from exploding Quods. House traditions also occasionally include unofficial parts of the uniform with the colors chosen by the House's culture, such as bandanas on the upper arm, ribbons in braided hair, etc.