Inspirational Ilvermorny House Quotes

Just some inspirational quotes, poems, and song lyrics that I believe fit perfectly well with each House.

Horned Serpent

"It's probably my job to tell you that life isn't fair, but I figure you already know that

"It's probably my job to tell you that life isn't fair, but I figure you already know that. So instead, I'll tell you that hope is precious, and you're right not to give up."
- C.J. Redwine

"I don't think any of us are normal people."
- Wes Anderson

"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard"
- Kurt Vonnegut

"We don't have education, we have inspiration; if I was educated I would be a damn fool."
- Bob Marley

"A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone." 
- Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones

"I never desire to converse with a man who has written more than he has read."
― Samuel Johnson

"I don't study to know more, but to ignore less."
- Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz

"One must always be careful of books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us."
- Cassandra Clare, The Clockwork Angel

"Never limit yourself because of others' limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination."
- Mae Jemison

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
― Terry Pratchett

"A man's mind is stretched by a new idea or sensation, and never shrinks back to its former dimensions."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

"The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - That is the goal of true education."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

"If you trust in yourself... and believe in your dreams...and follow your star... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy."
-Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

"I said I liked being half-educated; you were so much more surprised at everything when you were ignorant."
- Gerald Durrell, My Family, And Other Animals

"One's work may be finished, but one's education never."
- Alexander Dumas

"I don't like studying, I hate studying. I love learning. Learning is beautiful."
- Natalie Portman

"Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all we can be."
- Zig Ziglar