Competitions @willowwhisps

Charms Chalice: Every year, students from each House compete in a Charms Championship to prove which House excels the most in Charms. During the competition, students from each House are required to perform a specific Charm, and points are awarded based on the accuracy and precision of the Charm cast. The House with the most points at the end of the championship wins and receives the Charms Chalice as a reward.

Transfiguration Tournament: Students in each House are judged based on their skills in Transfiguration. They are given a specific skill and points based on the spell's accuracy and precision. The House with the most points at the end wins and receives the Transfiguration Cup.

Excellence In Potions Championship: At Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, students from different Houses compete in a Potioneering competition to demonstrate their skills. Points are awarded to the House that can correctly identify various potions, know the ingredients required for each potion, and successfully brew a particular potion quickly and efficiently. The House that wins the competition is awarded the Excellence in Potions Cup and gets to represent Ilvermorny in the International Potioneering Championship, which takes place in May at Hogwarts.

Dueling Tournament: A tournament to prove which student is the best duelist at Ilvermorny. Students compete against each other. The tournament is optional and only students who sign up have to compete.

Astronomy Championship: A tournament is held at Ilvermorny to determine the best junior astronomer. The event takes place at night in the Astronomy classroom. Professor Goode is the mastermind behind this new tournament which started in 2005. Participants are expected to identify stars, planets, constellations, galaxies, asteroids, and comets on the massive ceiling of the Astronomy classroom that accurately charts the night sky above Mount Greylock. The only thing required to participate is a wand. The winner of the tournament receives the Astronomy Cup and an astrolabe as a prize.

Spell-ing Wasp School Championship: Each student is required to be able to perform a specific spell. Students are judged by how well they cast the spell and by precision. 

Gobstones Gauntlet: The Gobstones Gauntlet is a competition where students have to win a Gobstones tournament. The winning House receives the Gobstones Goblet

The Quadrennial Wizarding School Tournament: Every four years, four wizarding schools - Ilvermorny, Castelobruxo, Uagadou, and Mahoutokoro - compete against each other in the Quadrennial Wizarding School Tournament. Only one student from each school is selected to represent their respective school, and they must be 17 years or older with a majority vote. The selected competitors have to participate in dangerous tasks, and the winner is awarded the Quadrennial Cup and 3,000 dragots. This tournament is equivalent to the European Triwizard Tournament.

The Potioneering Championship: One student from each of the Great 11 Wizarding schools around the world competes. The winning school wins the Golden Cauldron and the privilege to display their potioneering talents before an assembled crowd.

The Ilvermorny Wizard's Chess Open: Ilvermorny is hosting a non-elimination chess tournament to determine the best player. The tournament features multiple rounds, and all players will play in every round. Participants are grouped into "Sections" based on their grade and skill level. Each player will receive a rating, and unrated players will be matched with those rated under 1600. Points are awarded for wins (1 point) and draws (0.5 points). The tournament is typically 3-5 rounds, and players will be paired with opponents of similar scores. For instance, if a player has won three games, they will face someone who has also won three games. The winner of the tournament will receive a cash prize, with the first-place prize in the open division being 250 dragots, and the total prize ranging from 50 to 600 dragots. The top players in each section (determined by the number of points accrued through the tournament) and the top students win trophies and a cash prize. When there are ties, we use a 4-level tiebreak system. The winner of the tournament will be invited to represent Ilvermorny in the Inter-School Wizard's Chess Invitational, a tournament comprising the best players from each of the 11 Great Wizarding Schools, which is held at Hogwarts. 

The Ilvermorny Quidditch Cup: Like Hogwarts, Ilvermorny has a Quidditch Cup, but unlike Hogwarts, they have a longer season, running from November to July, and more games, rather than points tallied, and one final winner-take-all game to decide the final winner in a traditional game on the 4th Of July - Independence Day, a non-school day.

The Great Ilvermorny Bake-Off: This is a 10-week-long competition inspired by the Great British Baking Show. The aim is to find the best amateur baker in the school, and anyone can enter. The theme changes every week, ranging from cakes, cookies, and desserts to bread, pastries, and chocolate. Each week, participants have to prepare a Signature Bake, a Technical, and a Showstopper. The best baker for each week earns the title of "Star Baker," and the weakest performer is eliminated. There are two competitions, one in the spring and another in the winter, in honor of the holidays. The winner receives a cake display as a prize. We encourage only those with baking experience to participate.