Ilvermorny Houses

Students are sorted into four houses: Horned Serpent, Pukwudgie, Thunderbird, and Wampus

Students are sorted into four houses: Horned Serpent, Pukwudgie, Thunderbird, and Wampus. They promote strength, house unity, and friendship. Students in the same house form close bonds of friendship, like family, and help each other out. Students share classes, eat meals together, and hang out in their common rooms together. Once a student is sorted into that house, it's permanent and cannot be changed. Each house has a special pact of friendship with the other, some more than always, and rivalries, especially in the House Cup and sports. Each house represents a special part of the witch's and wizard's personalities and how they define themselves. Each house has a President, a Head of the House, and 2 Resident Advisors (1 male and 1 female).

The Pukwudgie

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." - Carl Jung

Founder: James Steward
Head Of House: Professor Timerius Kilpatrick
House colors: Green and White
Element: Earth
House Motto: Dum Spiro, Spero (While I breathe, I hope)
House Flower: Alstroemeria

Represents the heart and favors healers. It is more than just loyal helpers and medicine. Those housed in Pukwudgie are those who value restoration and improvement of everything around them. They are the ones who repair things that are broken and alleviate the vexation that weighs against others. They are the engineers of livelihood, the freethinkers, and the optimists. The Pukwudgie represents the heart, not just for loyal helpers, but for the will to strive for the life that holds our heartbeat. They are known for their strong sense of empathy, and compassion, and they enjoy helping others. They're open-minded, kind, and friendly, and other students feel very comfortable around them. Pukwudgie represents Spring and it corresponds with the element of Earth. Pukwudgie prizes traits such as kindness, generosity, diligence, empathy, patience, amity, reliability, abnegation, compassion, honesty, the ability to forgive, commitment, clemency,  purity, intuition independence, partnership, positivity, trustworthiness, humbleness, support, righteousness, tenderness, devotion, equality, candor, friendship, dependability, tenacity, fair play, hard work, dedication, loyalty, tolerance, and acceptance (from Hufflepuff). Its house flower is the alstroemeria. It symbolizes devotion, friendship, and prosperity. Pukwudgie students are defined by what they feel (or maybe love). Famous alumni include Queenie Goldstein, Alister Breckenridge, Cormac O'Brien, Honorius Pertshire, and Irene Kneedander. Their biggest motivation is to feel more in tune with the world around them. They are known for their love of nature and botany and they enjoy helping others. They make their decisions by looking into their heart.