Dances @willowwhisps

Dances are planned and put on by the Student Council

Dances are planned and put on by the Student Council. Fundraising events are held to help fund the dances. Students are required to dress in formal attire. All of the dances have food, drinks, refreshments, and, of course, music and dancing. Students have to purchase and/or order their Dress Robes in advance due to the high demand. All of the dances are held in the Great Hall and some have special themes. Planning for the dance takes months in advance. The dances are optional and students aren't required to attend if they choose not to do so. The dances are free.

Homecoming Dance: The Homecoming Dance takes place after Thanksgiving break. A game of Quidditch and Quodpot is held that day where a combined All-Star team of all four houses takes on the teachers. Like a No-Maj Homecoming Dance, a male and a female student are crowned Homecoming King and Queen at the end of the dance. 

The Founder's Ball: The Founder's Ball is held to celebrate the founding of Ilvermorny and takes place on the night of Founder's Day. The Great Hall is decorated in school and House colors and images of the founders such as portraits and statues. The Founder's Ball takes place after the feast and once everyone changes into their Dress Robes. The President of MACUSA is one such attendee. Every 100 years, it becomes the Centennial Ball. The next one will be in 2027.

Celestial Ball: The Great Hall is decorated with moon and star decorations such as a huge moon hanging from the ceiling and the ceiling is enchanted to look like a starry night sky.

New Year's Ball: The Great Hall is decorated to look like an ice castle and all the decorations are white and gold. Students who didn't stay at the castle over Winter Break have to find their own ride back. Students can take the Mayflower II or find their own alternative methods of transportation. When the clock strikes midnight, an enormous fireworks show takes place and couples kiss each other in the new year. 

Valentine's Day Ball: The Valentine's Day Ball is the most romantic dance at Ilvermorny. The Great Hall is decorated with red, white, pink, and purple decorations such as hearts, Cupids, and so on. It starts immediately after-dinner dessert. Pukwudgie House holds its own party in its common room.

Anti-Valentine's Day Party: For those who are not quite into the Valentine's Day spirit, there is an Anti-Valentine's Day party held at Thunderbird Village. All Houses are invited. The Sanctuary is decorated completely in black.

Sadie Hawkins Dance: Introduced during World War II, The Sadie Hawkins dance is a usually informal dance sponsored by the Women's Club to which the girls invite the boys. This is contrary to the custom of the men typically inviting the women to school dances such as prom in the spring and homecoming in the fall.

Prom: Ilvermorny has its version of prom for both the sixth and seventh years. A theme is selected by the Student Council such as Happily Ever After, Under The Sea, Great Gatsby, and so on. Like No-Maj prom, a male student and a female student are voted and Prom King and Queen