Ilvermorny Headcanons Part 1

First and foremost, every day is Cranberry Pie Day. While students do have robes, the clothes they wear underneath the robes are not uniforms.

Walt Disney attended Ilvermorny for a short time but he ended up getting expelled because he charmed cameras to make the pictures move, which eventually led to the production of Mary Poppins in 1964. 

St. Patrick's Day is one of the most popular holidays at Ilvermorny. The kids take the "Wear green or get pinched" rule very seriously. No one is exempt from this rule. Not even the Headmaster or the teachers.

In 1996, Ilvermorny became the first Wizarding school to use Wi-Fi. The Horned Serpent Common Room has the best coverage (since it's in the middle of the library) while the Thunderbird Common Room has the worst.

The music scene at Ilvermorny is probably the best of the 8 Great Wizarding Schools. All of the genres are popular. Bluegrass, old-time, folk, punk, rock, Latin, and Irish music are probably the most popular genres.

Students from New England do not ride the Mayflower II to get to school. They can just drive there. Most of them don't stay in their Common Room, they stay at home.

Birdwatching is a quite popular activity at Ilvermorny. Students from all four Houses enjoy it.

There are secret tunnels hidden all across the castle. They can take you practically anywhere around the school. Some have been found while others are yet to be discovered. Most of them were found by Thunderbird students. They are mostly used by students of all Houses to get to class on time.

There is an eclectic mix of tastes, from the very serious Horned Serpent who wears button-downs and ties every day to the Wampuses who have enchanted their graphic t-shirt to move, to the Thunderbirds and Pukwudgies who mutually exist solely for sweater weather.

The library at Ilvermorny is the largest of all the Wizarding schools. It contains over 10,000,000 books, dating all the way back to the 17th century, as well as thousands of historical documents and ancient magical artifacts.

Every year on James Steward's birthday, there is a school-sponsored cranberry pie bake-off. Pukwudgie House nearly always wins. Once, Thunderbird won and, good lord, you would think it was the Civil War all over again

There are a lot of local professors, of course, so you get some really thick Boston accents, but there are also professors with Southern belle accents who serve iced tea in class, professors with Canadian accents, professors with Midwest accents, several Native American professors with smooth, lulling accents, and some Mexican professors who slip into Spanish when they get super excited about their subject. There was once a visiting professor from Ireland, and 96% of female students (and some male students) had major crushes on him.

Wampus House is where you go to get body-crushing, soul-lifting hugs

A recently added edition to Ilvermorny Castle is the brand-new student lounge. Many a student will flock here after the stress of their day to relax and unwind, or to chatter with friends. It's also one of the other technology-safe places, designed so that students will be able to more easily document the years that they may well look back on later as the best of their lives.

Horned Serpents may be scholars, but they are also some of the keenest observers. They watch the whole school from afar and quietly play matchmaker to all of their friends. No one suspects them because - what, Horned Serpent? No. They don't know about emotions. Meanwhile, the house president makes a killing on the bet she made to predict the homecoming king/queen.

Thanksgiving at Ilvermorny is a spectacle that has to be seen to be believed. It's almost bigger than Christmas. The Thanksgiving feasts at Ilvermorny put Hogwarts to shame. Turkey, ham, real cranberry sauce, pies - oh my god, so many pies!! Pies of every variety, massive mountains of mashed potatoes and stuffing, chicken, rolls, prime rib, roast beef. They've got cider, tea, Butterbeer, maple cream soda, and hot cocoa like you wouldn't believe. There are New English dishes, Southern dishes, Native American dishes, Mexican dishes, Canadian dishes, and West Coast dishes - essentially it's a gigantic continental potluck, and it goes on all day long. Also, their pumpkin juice tastes 1000 times better than at Hogwarts. It's made with real pumpkins. Nothing goes to waste.