The Voyageurs

The Voyageurs are a group of seven students who attended Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 2005 to 2012

The Voyageurs are a group of seven students who attended Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 2005 to 2012. They are an Irish-American secret society, founded by James and Melissa Evercreetch, who were twins and the last living descendants of Isolt Sayre. The other co-founders were second-year Arsenia Gonzales and fellow first-years Fionn MacBrien, Celestia Angell, Amanda O'Neill, and Katherine Black Elk (who joined later). Almost all of the original seven members were Irish-Americans or were born in Ireland, except for Arsenia, who was born in Colombia, and Katherine Black Elk, a member of the Comanche and Apache Tribes from New Mexico. However, the group expanded to include members from all four Houses and different ethnicities and backgrounds in the following years. During their time at school, the Voyageurs explored the school to discover what was causing the paranormal activity that made Ilvermorny famous. They used three ancient journals that belonged to Ilvermorny founder Isolt Sayre and were inspired by the teachings of the noted Irish philosopher John O'Donohue. As a result of their exploration, they created a map of the school to help future generations of adventurers and explorers.

Two months after its formation, Headmaster Agilbert Fontaine recognized the Voyageurs as an official school with Professor Emaline Goode as their sponsor. James, who was the leader and now the president, declared that membership would be open to anyone. The Voyageurs are allies of the Order of the Thunderbird, an American organization led by Ilvermorny Headmaster Agilbert Fontaine. This group is in alliance with England's Order of the Phoenix to fight against the NeoScourers, a terrorist organization that advocates for pure-blood supremacy. The NeoScourers are the descendants of The Death Eaters and the original rogue wizarding mercenaries from the 17th to the 18th century, who were once led by the Dark Lord Rale, a former Death Eater and the great-great-great-great grandson of Lord Abbadan. Thunderbird sorted six original members, while only one came from Horned Serpent.

The strong bond between the Voyageurs began in their first year at Ilvermorny. James, Melissa Evercreetch, Celestia, and Fionn met in Virginia and later became friends with Amanda, an Irish music prodigy. Arsenia joined the group later on. A seventh original member, Katherine Black Elk joined the club after helping James and Melissa defeat a Hidebehind. James discovered that their school was a major hotspot for paranormal activity in the Wizarding World. This prompted him to form a secret society with his friends. Their mission was to investigate the cause of the activity and to explore the many magical creatures and anomalies that inhabited Mount Greylock. The group was inspired by Dumbledore's Army of Hogwarts and named themselves The Voyageurs, after the Canadian boatmen who transported goods and passengers to and from trading posts. Their motto, "Audere est Facere," which means "To Dare Is To Do," is Tottenham Hotspur's motto.

This group is recognized by the Claddagh symbol which represents love, loyalty, and friendship in Irish culture. They wear this symbol as a pin on their uniforms. During their first year, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley helped them investigate paranormal activity in the castle and the surrounding forest and discover a hidden treasure beneath Mount Greylock. In 2019, a new version of the group was formed by Professor Emaline Goode's daughter, Evie. This new group is much larger and more diverse, with members from all four Ilvermorny Houses and various ethnic backgrounds.