List of Headmasters

A Headmaster or Headmistress is the chief administrator of a school, be it No-Maj or Magical. They make all major decisions regarding the safety and the day-to-day functioning of the school, and have the power to override any decision made by any other authoritative facilitator at the school; though in Ilvermorny, with the possible exception of the Board of Governors. Over its 390-year history, Ilvermorny has had only 14 headmasters.

List of Ilvermorny Headmasters

1. Isolt Sayre (1627-1703) -  Moved to America from Ireland in 1620 to escape her evil aunt. Ilvermorny's longest-serving Headmaster.

2. Rionach Steward (1703-1713) - Isolt and James' daughter. Died from tuberculosis during the 1713 mid-term. The first Headmaster to die in office.

3. Rendwick Keene (1713- 1754) - Ilvermorny's first Auror Headmaster and also a wandmaker

4. Petrus Lale (1754-1762) - Retired in 1762 to pursue a career as a judge and hopefully become a congressman and President of MACUSA but was murdered before he could pursue his dream. Now the House Ghost of Horned Serpent

5. Nicholas Potter (1762-1811) - Samuel Potter's father. Led the school through the American Revolutionary War.

6. Samuel Potter (1812-1880) - Ilvermorny's second longest-serving headmaster. At 25 years old, he became the youngest man to ever serve as headmaster. Led the school through its Golden Age and during the American Civil War. Refused to racially segregate the school. He believed that everyone, regardless of race, color and creed, should be equal.

7. Pliny Arausio (1880-1881) - Ilvermorny's first African-American Headmaster and also the shortest-serving Headmaster. Killed by a Hidebehind in the Black Forest. Ilvermorny became the first non-European school to participate in the Triwizard Tournament after an investigation of Durmstrang over rumors that they were teaching the Dark Arts.

8. Parry Ogilvy (1881-1920) 

9. Thorburn Chiodowech (1920-1933) - Ilvermorny's first Native American Headmaster. A member of the Cherokee Tribe. Introduced Creature Care as an elective.

10. Greta Greencrab (1933-1934) -  Ousted out of office in a coup. The only time this has ever happened at Ilvermorny. Usually considered the worst Headmaster in the school's history.

11. Jessie Fishkind (1934-1941) - Ilvermorny's first Jewish Headmaster

12. Ángela Venegas (1941-1966) - Born in Mexico, Angela became Ilvermorny's first-ever Latina Headmaster, also the first Headmaster to be born in Mexico. Introduced many reforms that mostly catered to the school's Hispanic, Asian, and African-American population 

13. Alister Breckenridge (1966-1991) - Former US senator who led the fight to repeal Rappaport's Law. During his tenure, Ilvermorny became the first Wizarding school to use the internet. Worked ceaselessly to keep Voldemort's influence out of his school. Retired in 1998 to return to politics.

14. Agilbert Fontaine (1991-present) - Former Nordic Runecraft professor. Took the job when Alister Breckenridge retired to return to politics. Known for his progressive and open-minded reform, including passing a rule to protect the school's LGBTQ+ community from discrimination. In 2009, he announced that young witches and wizards from Central America and the Caribbean may be accepted into Ilvermorny.