The End of an Era

"Have you finished packing yet?" Lily asks me, folding up the last of her tops. "Yeah, I just have to get the last couple things." I tell her, lounging on my bed, staring at the red and gold curtains. "Hey Lils." I state, turning to her and lying on my side. "Mh?" She asks, glancing at me, concentrating on her packing. "Can I sit with you and the others on the train tomorrow?" I ask her hesitantly. "Of course!" She smiles at me. I usually sit with the boys on the train, but I haven't spoken to them since the day I told them all to piss off. They haven't spoken to me and I haven't spoken to them, particularly after I had realised why Sirius had actually wanted to kiss me. To prove he could. I sighed listlessly and smiled over at Lily. "Is something wrong? I know you've sat with us before but you usually sit with Potter and them." She asks me. "I em.. We're not really speaking." I reply awkwardly. "Oh.." She trails off as she folds the last item and places it neatly in her trunk. "Why?" "Not since the day you shouted at James and.. Snape.. Said that.. Yeah. That day." Lily nods slowly and turns to me, a look of confusion on her face. "That's about the third big fight you've had this year!" "Yeah I know.." I sigh and swing my legs over the edge of the bed. "Maybe I overreacted. I should go talk to them. Especially Sirius." I add, throwing on a checked shirt on over my t-shirt and waving at Lily as I walk out the door. Running down the stairs two at a time, I jump the last step and glance around the empty common room. There's no one here, most normal people are outside enjoying the sun before the train leaves the next day. I sigh and turn back towards the stairs as a loud bang sounds from outside the portrait hole. I jump slightly and spin around to see the door swing open, revealing James and Sirius, their arms slung around each others shoulder, tears of laughter streaming down their face. "For all their brains, Ravenclaw girls are so stupid!" James says breathlessly. Sirius flops down in a chair. "I couldn't agree more, mate." He smirks. Narrowing my eyes, I sit down slowly on the stairs, not making a sound an disappearing into the shadows b the stair. "So wait wait wait! This was going on all through the OWL's?" James asks with a grin, leaning forward with interest. "Since before that, Prongs! Im Sirius Black, she couldn't resist me." Sirius replies haughtily, and I roll my eyes. Typical Sirius. Then something clicks, shifting into place in my mind. "Apparently neither could Skye." James says with a wink, causing Sirius to widen his grin and gesture to keep it down. "D'you reckon she'll be jealous?" James continues. "Why should she be?" "Well, I think she kind of fancies you. And.. Considering you snogged her, d'you reckon she'll be jealous that you've had a thing with the Ravenclaw girl?" "I just broke that off! And anyway, Skye and me kissed about three days before the OWL's." Sirius answers airily. My frown deepens. Me and Sirius kissed the day before the exams, he should know that. As far as I'm concerned, that's just more proof that it meant nothing to him. An he had a thing with some Ravenclaw girl since before the exams? That just- My thoughts run through my head and finally click. My mouth drops open and I almost gasp at how low he is. Sirius and me kissed the day before the OWL's, but he's telling James now that he had something going on with another girl since before the exams. That must mean that Sirius kissed me while he was having a thing with the Ravenclaw girl. My eyes widen further and I tune back into their lazy, casual conversation. "Wow, I wish Lily liked me as much as Skye likes you." "Yeah, well.. Some of us are just lucky. It's not my fault your ugly." Sirius shrugs, crossing his ankles. "Oi! Watch yourself, mate." James replies with a laugh. Wait, James and Sirius think I like Sirius? I do not! There's no way. "D'you think I should tell her?" "Skye?" "No, James, Professor Sprout!" Sirius replIes sarcastically. "Yes, of course I mean Skye! D'you think she will be jealous?" "Probably." James answers immediately. "But I wouldn't tell her!" He continues. "Because she might get jealous. And if you do kind of fancy her too, then you'll hardly have a chance if she's mad at you over some girl! What was her name again? The Ravenclaw." "Oh! Um.. Annie? Amy?" "Your unbelievable!" James tells him, shaking his head. "It was Amy!" Sirius answers with a snap of his fingers. "Okay, but are you going to tell Skye?" James repeats. "I already know." I tell them loudly, stepping out from the shadows. "Skye! Hey!" James stutters. "Save it, James, you deluded imbecile." I snap at him, walking over. The tips of my blonde hair frost over and I clench my fists. "You!" I hiss at Sirius, who stands up. "You complete ass! You immature, haughty, cocky, cheating, scamming, lying, using.. Ass! You make me sick Sirius!" I tell at him, my hands waving. Sirius steps forward and grabs my wrists, looking me in the eyes. "Skye Skye Skye! Calm down!" He yells at me, clutching my wrists. "No! Let me go!" I yank my wrists back from him. "Relax!" James tells me as Remus and Peter enter the room. I glance towards them before turning back to James and Sirius. "Don't tell me to relax you idiot! Are you actually that thick? Do you really believe I'd fancy Sirius, after finding out he kissed me while going out with some other girl that he couldn't even remember the name of!" I turn back to Sirius. "As for you Sirius, you are a lying cheat! I can't believe you would treat me like that!" Tears threaten to well up in my eyes but I push them back forcefully. "I've seen you horrible things to girls, but never to me! I thought you had limits! Places where you'd finally stop being such an ass, just for once in your life!" I continue to yell, not letting any of them speak. "I always thought I was the limit, Sirius! But it turns out I'm just another name on your list, another notch in your bedpost! Did you ever stop, just once, to think about how that might affect me? Of course you didn't, you moron! Ugh, did any of that occur to you when you kissed me? When you flirted with every girl in the school? Apparently not, or you wouldn't have done it. Is that what all those years of us being friends was for? So you can brag to people that you got to snog me? Regardless of what you say, you're an ass, you treated me like crap and forgive me if I don't want to be another one of those brainless bimbo's that follow you around and hang on your every word! It's like someone got you head and" I gesture here. "Shoved it up your ass! Well, you should pull it right back out again, Sirius, because you need to realise that your not as amazing as you think you are." He opens his mouth to speak but I hold up my hand to stop him. "Talk to me when you grow up." Then, with a glance at all of them, I tell by their faces they knew. All along, they knew about Sirius and I, about the Ravenclaw girl, everything. "That goes for all of you." I add, walking away with a flip of my hair.