Planning

"It's my birthday in two days!" I call in a sing song voice as I enter the Great Hall, sitting down next to Sirius. "Is it?" He smirks. "Don't even lie Sirius, you know it is." "Of course!" Remus laughs. "How could we forget?" James asks bitterly. "Padfoot hasn't shut up about it since last week." "Yes I have!" Sirius says with a frown, glaring at James. "I was just.. Thinking about what to get you." He admits quietly, his voice embarrassed and his eyes fixed on his breakfast. "Aw, thank you." I smile, feeling a deep blush creep onto my cheeks. Hiding it begin my hair, I resist the urge to kiss his cheek in thanks, and turn to Remus, James and Peter. "So. I've been thinking." "'Bout what?" James asks. "Planning a small prank.." I say uncertainly. "But I'll need your help." "What is it?" Peters small eyes are excited as he leans across the table. "Right. So here's what we're going to do."
**********
The hall is its usual loud, chattery, atmosphere filled room at dinner the next day. "So." Lily turns to me. "Your birthday tomorrow." "Yep." I nod happily, horsing down a slice of apple and blackberry pie. "What do you want for your birthday?" She asks, her emerald eyes interested. "Nothing." I tell her, my mouth full of pie, my eyes wide. "Really, Skye. Something!" "Nothing!" "Something!" "Lils, nothing." Lily sighs. "I'll think of something." She smiles mischievously. "Speaking of which." A loud voice says. "What do you want?" Lily snaps, turning to face James, Sirius, Remus and Peter. The last two hang in the back looking awkward and embarrassed. "You to go out with-" Sirius punches James in the stomach to stop him asking Lily out. "Anyway, dear Evans. We need your help. Remember our deal?" Sirius butts in. Lily sighs in defeat before glancing at me, a frown on my face. "Yes." She stands up and smiles weakly at me. "See you in a minute. I have to.. Help these with something." She gestures to James, who smirks and slings an arm around her shoulder. Poor James, he doesn't realise what's going to hit him. "Get off me, Potter!" Lily practically screams at him, shrugging his shoulder off. He tenses and follows her out of the double doors, leaving me by myself on the bench, frowning in confusion. Lily and James, communicating? That's never happened. More importantly, Sirius, Lily, and James agreeing to have a civilised conversation? Not on your life. Weird.. Very weird.

A/N: Short filler chapter but her birthday is soon so yeah :) Please vote and comment guys, it really makes my day. If you follow me I'll follow you back! Anyone any ideas on what Lily is reluctantly discussing with the Marauders?..