Another date?

Jared and I walked hand in hand back up the castle, me carrying a bag and him carrying nothing. By then, it was dark, and Jared was smiling slightly. Over the day, I had begun to love his smile, it was bright, cheerful and made his brown eyes glitter. I had begun to live his eye too- and his hair, and even his nose and cheekbones, which were prominent and slanting. I loved his sense of humour and his ability to keep up a conversation, not just a casual one but an interesting one. He alway seemed interested in everything I had to say and his eyes shine with interest at comments I made. And it was true, like he had said, the date had been cheesy and romantic, I had originally hated the idea but he was right- I had had an amazing day. We had laughed and talked and joked, holding hands as we strolled through the streets of Hogsmeade. "I had so much fun today." I told Jared as we headed up to the portrait hole. "Me too, your a very interesting person." He smiled down at me. Jared was slightly taller than me, which was cute, despite being irritating at times. "So um.." He stopped, letting go of my hand and turning to face me. "Would you like to.. Do it again, sometime?" He smiled. "What?" I smirked. "Have an amazing time?" "Well.. With me, yeah. Would you like to go out again?" He asked shyly. "Yeah." I smiled, meeting his eyes, "yeah, I would." "Brilliant! So.. The next Hogsmeade trip?" He asked. I nodded, looking down. "So.. I know you don't like cheesy dates. You made that pretty clear today." He smiled, and my head snapped up again. "But the whole point of today was to have a cheesy date, and do all the typical stuff, so, I thought maybe.. A goodnight kiss? It's social protocol." Jared added, smiling. I smiled back at how cute and sly he was, before leaning up on my tippy toes to meet his lips with mine. His strong arms went gently around my waist and I put my hands on his muscular chest, savouring the feeling of the gently kiss. "Goodnight, Jared. Thanks for a brilliant day." I whispered as I walked through the portrait hole, then waggled my fingers at home and went upstairs.

***********

"Lily, I'm in love." I told her, turning to face her as she walked in the door. Lily rolled her eyes and smiled. "With?.." "Jared!" I told her, exaggerating and staring dreamily into the distance. "He is very nice." She reasoned, folding clothes. "And mannerly. And sweet. And cheerful and handsome and funny and just generally attractive." "Mh. And a sixth year." Lily said, slightly warningly. "Yeah, so?" I turned to face her, sitting up. "Just.. Be careful, Skye. I know you, you'll get stressed about the OWL's, and he doesn't have them and you'll think "aw oh I don't want a boyfriend in my life right now." She told me, doing an unbelievably bad impression of me. "Hey! I don't sound like that!" I exclaimed, throwing a pillow at her. Ducking, Lily launched a pillow towards me which I dodged, catching it. "It's no wonder your on the quidditch team, Skye!" Lily laughed. My head snapped upwards- "Shit! I have practise tomorrow, thanks for reminding me, Lil." I smiled at her. "Your honestly the most forgetful person I've ever met." Lily informed me, shaking her head. "Come on, time for bed." She told me. "Sure sure." I laughed, going to change. Despite the lights being off, the moon, which was nearly full, flooded through my window and kept me and Lily awake. We stayed up till midnight, talking about about Jared and my date, Lily and her day, and when Mary, Alice and Marlene came in, we talked about the OWLS. It was the first time in ages I hadn't thought or talked about Sirius and the Marauders.

A/N: Can you guys let me know what you think of Jared?:) Vote, comment, fan, follow and to anyone reading this right now, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!