Sam

"I knew he was a prat." James said, his hands clasped in his lap. Sirius and Remus nodded, while Peter opened another chocolate frog and offered it to Skye. She declined, frowning deeply into the fire. James glanced at her, his hazel eyes concerned. Sirius was gritting his teeth with his jaw set, glaring at the fire with clenched fists. "I knew it." James repeated. "I agree." Remus added softly. "You okay, Skye?" Peter asked quietly, looking at his friend with his small eyes. "Yeah. Fine." "You sure?" Sirius slid closer to her on the sofa and put his strong arms around her. Skye sighed and put her head on his shoulder. "He's a prat." James said, yet again. "Yes, James! We've established that." Skye told him loudly, and he raised his hands above his shoulders in defence. There was a small click and the portrait hole swung shut. "Skye!" Lily blurted out, rushing over. She had stayed to give out to Rob with her fiery temper when Skye had walked away, then hadn't been able to find her afterwards. Little did see know Skye had been down in the kitchens with the Marauders, bitching about the male sex to them. Lily threw her arms around Skye, ignoring Sirius retracting his arm quickly, seeing James' death glare. "Are you okay?" Lily whispered to her quietly. "I'm fine." "Really?" Lily pulled back with concern in her emerald eyes. "Really, Lils. I'm fine, thanks. Just annoyed." "Fair enough." Marlene stated, walking over. "He cheated on you." Alice added, looking angry. "How do you know?" Skye asked worriedly. "Everyone knows." Mary said, looking down at her feet. "Everyone?" Skye asked with wide eyes. "All of Gryffindor." Mary confirmed. "And Slytherin." Lily said softly. "And Ravenclaw." Marlene added. "And Hufflepuff." Alice said quietly. "Great." Skye sighed, "Fantastic. All of the school knows my boyfriend snogged some girl. After he left bruises all up my arm." She sighed. "Did he?" Lily's eyes were wide. Skye couldn't help but smile- she knew Lily would hex Rob into the middle of next year if she found out about the bruises he had left on her arm. Sirius didn't know either, or James or Peter. Remus knew, he had seen when she rolled up her jumper for a while. Being the cooperative friend he was, he had agreed to stay quiet about it. "Nah, not bad ones. It's fine, Lily. I'm fine." Her four girls friends smiled at her weakly, and Lily hugged her one last time before announcing they were going to bed. "I'll see you tomorrow Skye." Alice called over her shoulder as they left, waving.
The next morning, Skye was sitting with Lily and Mary when she heard a voice call. "Psst, Turner." A small second year boy whispered. She turned to glare down the table, not in the mood for his silly questions. "Yes?" "I'm Sam." He smiled, sticking out his hand. "Skye." She said slowly, shaking his hand. He smiled quietly. "I know who you are." He said mischievously. "What do you mean?" Skye frowned. "I've seen you, outside before. You can run your hair into ice. And I've seen you conjure it." He said simply. Skye liked this boy- he had a casual attitude towards her, and he seemed easy going. "Yeah.. I suppose." "Is that a spell or do you just have it.. Somehow?" He asked, turning back to her. "I just.. Did it once. Now I can do it whenever I want." She shrugged, smiling. "Can you show me? Later I mean." He asked curiously. Skye smirked at him. "Sure. Meet you at dinner?" "Meet you at dinner." Lily tapped Skye's shoulder- "C'mon, we've got potions next." "Ugh. With Slytherin." Skye smirked, annoying Lily, who rolled her eyes. "Come on." She groaned, pulling Skye up and dragging her away from the hall. Sam smiled after her, his blue eyes shining.