As High as the Clouds

"I'm up in the clouds, in a dream so blue, I sing to the night, let me sing to you."
- Tove Lo

The next night, every sixth year Gryffindor student, along with some from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, rushed from their last classes and dashed to the common rooms and dorms to get ready. The party began at seven, but everyone had to get dinner and most people (James and Sirius) would spend hours getting ready. Skye, Lily, Marlene, Mary and Alive rushed around their dorm room, trying to get dressed in their costumes.
"I think we're all a little past the stage of face paint and vampire capes."
Marlene stated, discarding a black dress.
"Thank God."
Skye sighed, sitting in front of the mirror. She threw a purple eyeliner down in frustration.
"Alice! You're good at this, could you give me a hand?"
She pleaded.
"Sure."
Alice smiled, sliding the pencil across Skye's eyelids with a brisk flick.
"Beautiful."
Mary put in, looking through the neck hole of her dress.
"God damn, Mary, make yourself decent."
Skye laughed, fixing her hair into subtle waves, glancing at the bottoms. They were no longer red; when Skye got angry, either the bottom of her hair frosted over or caught fire, but it remained it's cold blonde more often than not. The other girls giggled in response as Mary finally pulled a dress over her head.
"You're one to talk! You're not even dressed, we're going to be late."
Lily fussed, stepping out of the bathroom, looking stunning. Her red hair was down and backcombed, parted way over to the side. Her skin was pale and she had ghostly purple circles of eyeliner around her eyes. Blush lines her cheeks, making them seem hollow. On most people, this would look ridiculous, but Lily Evans- as James had so often pointed out- could pull off anything and make it look nice. The purple eyeliner she wore completed the purple dress, paired with white high heels. Lily saw the girls staring and blushed, looking down.
"I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be..."
"A sexy zombie."
Skye laughed, touching up her own purple lipstick.
"Sexy is right."
Alice replied with a giggle, pulling on her shoes.
"Come on, Skye!"
Mary demanded as she looked over herself in the mirror, flipping her hair from her face.
"Two seconds, I just have to get dressed. So does Marlene anyway, so come on."
She grinned, picking up her dress. She had kept it a secret up until now, but finally had managed to make her own costume, and it looked gorgeous. She pulled it down over her body, tight over her cleavage, and admired the way it clung to her curvy body. She glanced over herself in the mirror and smiled, touching up one last time her purple eyeliner and purple lipstick, before pulling on block heels the exact same shade.
"Right.. I'm ready to go."
She smiled, stepping from the bathroom. The other four girls turned to look at her, jaws dropping in the process.
"Skye you look amazing!"
"Stunning."
"Where did you get that dress?"
They all asked, bombarding her with compliments and questions. Skye smiled, pleased with her efforts.
"Thank you guys. Alice, I made the dress, with material from a bargain bucket in Hogsmeade."
"That's clever."
Alice nodded, impressed. Marlene walked around Skye, her eyes taking in the dress.
"And you are.. A sexy Roman goddess."
She announced, catching her friends eye.
"Yep."
Skye replied, stepping away and fixing her dress slightly.
"Well, you look gorgeous!"
Lily smiled, her emerald eyes lighting up. It was true, Skye looked beautiful- the black fabric of her dress clung right to her body, emphasising every curve. Skye had added a twist on usual goddess costumes and thrown a lot of colour in; blue, purple and red fabric formed a neckline with gaps here and there, showing off just enough cleavage to look classy but not slutty. The dress creative, beautiful, and incredibly sexy. A sash ran around the middle of the short dress, and a black crown of beads in the shape of leaves rested in Skye's gorgeous blonde hair.
"Black is going to pounce on you."
Mary stated matter of factory as they walked down the stairs. Skye scoffed.
"Yeah, as if I'd want him to. He'll be pouncing on every girl at the party."
She blew it off, but Skye's heart raced at the thought. She hadn't spoken to Sirius since yesterday, but it had been a civilised conversation and the more she talked to James, Remus and Peter, the more she hated her pride for getting in the way of.. Her feelings for Sirius. Not that he would ever return them for very long, if last year was anything to go on. Plus, Skye still clung to the notion that love was an illusion and a non exist any factor of life.