Sixth Year Begins

The next few days pass in a cheerful yet tedious routine of timetables and getting to remember my classes. Lily is especially sweet and kind (even more than usual), considering I told her that nigh about my Mum being.. Dead. She had hugged me and forced me to get to bed, then returned five minutes later with a hot cup of tea, just the way I like it, with lots of milk and sugar. She had also given me my favourite book and invited me to talk about anything I wanted. I had sighed an wiped the tears from my face before launching into a rant about Sirius. Lily had listened patiently and eventually had manoeuvred the subject away from Sirius and to another more cheerful conversation, about how I had done in my OWL's. She was clever, and that night I had gone to sleep with a smile, wondering how she had got my tea for me. Lily didn't know the way to the kitchens..
************
We've been back at school for a week now and I open my eyes with a smile, relishing in Saturday morning. The warm light of the September sun blades through the glass window and I roll out of bed, shaking Lily awake. "Mh hm!" She mumbles indignantly. I raise my eyebrows. "Come on Lils, it's Saturday, wake up!" I whine at her. I've always been an early riser but Lily has always liked her extra few hours of sleep and warmth beneath the blankets. After shaking her for a good five minutes, she wakes up, complaining as she brushes her hair. I sit by the mirror and adjust my make up, letting my white blonde and fiery red hair fall loose down my back. I carelessly select a pair of blue shorts and throw on a loose checked shirt over it, pulling it down over my white vest. Lily grumbles a bit before smiling at my appearance, handing me my leather jacket. "Off somewhere?" She asks, finally dressed for the day. "Nope, I'm just in a great mood today! I'm feeling.. Refreshed and happy. Happy Saturday, Lily." I grin as I kiss her cheek. She links my arms with a smile and we walk down to the Great Hall, talking and laughing. "Something's got you in a good mood." I hear a voice say as I sit down to breakfast. I turn to see Jared, smiling down at me. My stomach flips slightly, nauseous. I like Jared, I really do, but he seems to think we're a lot more than we are or ever will be. My thoughts are confirmed when he sits next to me and plants a sweet kiss on my cheek. I put down my fork and smile at Lily, Jared and Sam as he joins us. "I'll see you all later, okay?" And with that, I walk out of the Great Hall into the grounds, alone.

A/N: Chapter= short and shitty I know, but it's just to establish the beginning of sixth year and Skye's relationships with everyone. Next chapter will be up today!:)