Drinking and Dancing

A/N: Hey everybody! Thanks for all the votes and comments, and I'm really sorry I haven't updated in a while.. Anyway I hope it's okay with the author but I read this Marauder fanfiction called the other Marauders and I really enjoyed it! If anyone's looking for another fanfiction to read, it's good! It's by _livvy_18 and I hope that's okay! Anyways, please vote and comment on what you think should happen or any ideas you have! Also, from now on, every so often I've decided to put a quote or a song that goes with the chapter. Let me know what you think!

"I bet that you look good on the dance floor, I don't know if your looking for romance or, I don't know what your looking for. I said I bet that you look good on the dance floor, dancing to electro bop like a robot from 1984."
- Arctic Monkeys

The atmosphere of the party is energetic and buzzing. The large empty classroom is now filled with boys and girls, snogging, drinking, dancing and laughing. Music is blaring loudly from the miniature gramophone I gave Sirius, a good mix of magic and muggle artists. Firewhiskey and butter beer line the tables, along with sweets and even a bit of pumpkin juice for people who were into that sort of thing. I, for one, wasn't. My eyes settled on the bottle of whiskey and glinted in the dim light. I loved the parties, and if there was anywhere I belonged, it was at one.
"Wow, Potter really can throw a party, I'll say that much for him."
Lily exclaims as we push through the throng of drunks and giggling girls, laughing boys.
"Lily Evans! Is that a compliment I hear? About James Potter? THE James Potter?"
I feign shock. Lily rolls her eyes.
"Yes, I suppose it is. We are in sixth year now, maybe.. I don't know. Maybe it's time to just give him a chance."
My eyes widen. "A chance to?.."
"Be friends!" Lily hisses. "Or.. Not even friends, more like acquaintances." She shrugs.
"Sure Lils, whatever you say." I smile at her.

"Thank God someone picked good music for this, eh?"
I ask Alice and Mary later on in the
night. They share a look before nodding.
"Yeah, it's great."
Mary smiles.
A Queen CD blares in the background, having almost everyone up on the dance floor. Boys and girls are pressed close together, dancing or snogging. I glance around at them haughtily, deciding tonight is my night to be an obnoxious cocky little cow.
"Some people are terrible dancers."
I state suddenly, addressing no one in particular.
"Honestly Skye, just because you took dancing lessons since you could walk!"
Marlene exclaims, making eyes at some dark haired seventh year. I roll my eyes.
"I didn't know you took dancing lessons!" Mary tells me as she helps herself to some crisps.
"Didn't you?" Lily asks her. "Skye's a fantastic dancer! Really sexy and attractive." She says with a wink.
"Stop it Lily!" I laugh at her.
"Hey, it's true!" She defends.
"You've never even seen me dance!"
"Yes I have!" Lily grins in the dim light. "Just not in a dress that short!" She finishes.
"Well go on then!" Mary pipes up.
"What?" I laugh.
"Go dance! I want to see how good you are!"
"No way, Mary."
"Oh come on Skye! Your always the first up to dance!"
Lily exclaims excitedly.
"Yeah, and isn't Skye the one who constantly natters on about "living life" and being young and just.. I don't know, being happy! Get a grip Skye, go and dance!" Marlene encourages. I roll my eyes and smile at them, standing up.
"Hold on! Skye, this is your song!"
Lily shouts excitedly, her green eyes sparkling. She grabs my hands and pulls me onto the dance floor as one of my favourite songs starts playing, "Don't stop me now" by Queen.
"I love this song!"
I shout as someone turns the music up on the gramophone.
"I know! Come on, Skye, your a good dancer, so dance!"
She laughs, shaking out her hair. I brush non existent dust off my dress and sway my hips to the beat, nervous. Marlene was right, I had taken muggle dancing lessons since I was three, right up until I was eleven and got my Hogwarts letter, and even two summers after that. I had worked unbearably hard at many different types over the years, and I was good. Shaking out my hair, I run my arms down my body in an attempt to look sexy. Lily stops dancing to look at me with wide eyes.
"Bloody hell! Your really getting into this! Keep going!"
She smiles. I grin back at her and continue dancing, swaying my hips and shaking my ass, emphasising my curves in the tight blue dress. It doesn't take long for Lily to stop dancing and just stand talking to Mary, who stares at me with wide eyes. I'm not cocky about a lot of things- confident, yes, cocky no. But dancing is my passion and it's something I just know is my strength. I worked hard at it so I'm proud to be able to turn heads when I dance. I don't see it as cocky- I see it as knowing my strong points. Soon people gather around Mary and Lily, watching the small crowd of people dancing. Me and a few others stand in the middle of the crowd but I barely notice them, lost in the dance to my favourite song.
"Whoo!" Someone calls from nearby. I think it's Lily but another one of my favourite songs- Rebel Rebel by David Bowie- is playing and I can't stop moving. I ignore everyone and relish in the heat and the pulsing of my heart as a clap goes up around the crowd, people clapping to the beat with unmistakable cat calls from a few boys. More and more people stop dancing and I smile to myself. I have stamina when it comes to dancing. Unfortunately, not when it comes to anything else, but dancing I can do for hours on end without stopping. Eventually, after yet another Queen song, and another and another, I slow down and flip my hair away from my face, sweaty and grinning. A loud cheer and multiple wolf whistles go up around the dance floor as I realise just how many people have been watching me. Embarrassed yet flattered, I smile broadly and head for a drink.
"Skye, that was amazing!"
Alice grins at me, hand in hand with her boyfriend, Frank Longbottom.
"Thanks Alice!" I laugh, mixing up a drink. "Hey Longbottom, how's it going?"
Frank rolls his eyes good naturedly at me.
"Good thanks, Skye. You?"
"Never better, mate, never better."
I reply, feeling myself getting giddy. They smile and nod, leaving just as an attractive stranger comes up behind me. Well, attractive until I feel a large hand on my ass, squeezing it through the blue dress.
"Hey gorgeous."
A husky voice whispers in my ear, the boys lip's dangerously close to my neck. I take a deep breath in and turn to face him, his hand still groping me.
"Get your hand. Off. My. Ass. Now."
I hiss dangerously at him, my eyes narrow.
"Aw c'mon, cheer up."
He replies with a smirk, moving his left hand down to join his right.
"I am perfectly "cheered up" thanks. Or, would be, if it wasn't for you groping me!"
"I can't help it." He murmurs with a smirk, pulling me closer to his chest and squeezing my backside. "You were so.. Sexy out on the dance floor."
"Thanks. I aim to please. Just not to please creeps like you." I snap at him.
"Wow, your fiery aren't you?" He asks, his voice silk. I roll my eyes.
"I'll heat up a lot more if you don't get your hands off me!"
I retort, shoving him hard. He stumbles slightly and glares at me angrily.
"Maybe you shouldn't have danced like such a tart if you didn't want guys talking to you."
He shouts over the music, gesturing up and down my body, the tight dress, the mildly exposed cleavage, the sight of my long legs. Thank God we are in a dark corner because I don't think I'd live it down if I was classed as the party slut.
"This" I gesture between the two of us "isn't talking. And if you don't stop, I swear, I'll-"
"You'll what?" He barks threateningly.
"I will break your nose."
"I'd like to see you try." He laugh infuriatingly.
"Don't tempt me." I hiss at him.
He laughs again. "You wouldn't do that! Because you'd get in trouble with-" He gets cut off, but not by me, surprisingly.
"Your lucky no teachers are here to see this mate. She may not break your nose but I will unless you hit the road." A voice growls, twisting the guys arm back. He cries out in pain and turns around as the new guy lets him go.
"Fuck you! And-" he turns back to me, "fuck you! Your a complete virgin nun and your boyfriend's a psycho! Jesus, I'm sorry I showed up!" He shouts.
"Not yet your not." "You should be."
Me and the new boy say at the same time, his voice deep and growling, mine low and dangerous.
The guy who had been "talking" to me storms away, shaking his head.
I look up with a sigh and meet the dark, stormy grey eyes and reckless smirk of Sirius.
"Hey, Skye." He greets awkwardly.
"Hey, Sirius."