Chapter 7: A great idea

" "Lily! Lily wake up!" Skye hissed at her friend. "Skye, go away." She mumbled, her red hair messy and spread around her face. "Lily, no, wake up." "Fiiine." Lily groaned, jumping out of bed. "And I thought I woke up early! Merlin!" Lily laughed, pulling a brush through her hair. "Well anyway, I'm going to find the boys." Skye said, throwing on a jumper and fixing her hair slightly. "The boys? Potter, Black, Pettigrew? Those boys?" Lily asked disapprovingly. Skye grinned and shrugged "And Remus." With that, she ran to the boys dorm. "Remus!" She yelled, finding her quiet friend reading on his bed. "Morning!" He smiled happily, looking up. "James and them not up yet?" Skye asked him. "They never are." Remus shrugged. Skye shook her head, pulling out her wand. "Aguementi." She said, as a large jet of water splashed the three boys in the face. "Merlin!" James yelled, sitting up, covering his face. "Skye!" Sirius yelled immediately after, his hands going to his hair. Skye laughed as Peter rubbed his eyes and mumbled something incoherent. "Good morning." Skye greeted them.

Ten minutes later, after lots of moaning and grumbling, the four boys sat on the end of Remus' bed, it being the cleanest. They were showered, dressed, ready for the day, and looking expectantly at Skye. "What?" Skye asked them. "Well! What happened yesterday?" James asked her, and immediately Skye's good mood dropped and her face paled. "I just.. I don't even know, I was trying to stop Sirius from ripping the guys head off." She said quietly, looking down at her clasped hands. "By throwing ice at him!" Peter added excitedly. "I did not throw it!" Skye exclaimed. "Sirius, you explain what we concluded in the forest." Skye told Sirius, who quickly explained. By the end, James, Remus and Peter were staring at Skye in awe. "Wow.. That's really.." James started. "Weird?" Skye asked, but James shook his head. "Brilliant." Remus breathed. Skye laughed, and the boys grinned at her easy attitude towards it. "I didn't even know until yesterday to be honest with you!" She told them. Remus nodded, and Sirius looked thoughtful. Suddenly, he snapped his fingers and looked up. "I know! I've got a fantastic idea! Skye, wait there." He told her as he dragged the other boys away. She frowned at him, but did as she was told. There were mutters between the boys, and Skye caught words such as "trust" "obviously" "stupid" "necessary" and "the map." Then James turned to her. "If we tell you something, being our best friend who's a girl, will you keep it a secret?" He asked her seriously. "Of course, you know my secret, I'll obviously keep any you guys have!" "Okay.." James said thoughtfully, before pulling the other boys over to him. Skye frowned, catching words like "trust" "obviously" "friend" and "dangerous." Finally, the boys turned back around. "Skye, Remus.. Has um.." Sirius started awkwardly, but stopped. "What? What is it, Remus?" Skye asked softly. "I'm.. Look Skye, I'll understand if you don't like any more after this, but I feel like you should know." "Of course I'll still like you! Dammit, Moony, just tell me!" She said, using his nickname. Then everything clicked. Moony, the sneaking off once a month, the awkwardness of telling her the truth. Skye's pretty blue eyes widened, and she locked eyes with Remus. "Are you.. Are you a werewolf?"

"So I understand it's a lot to take in, I know." Remus was saying shyly. Skye smiled at them "Yeah, but I get it.. I think. So Sirius is a dog?" Sirius nodded, grinning. "And James is a stag?" James nodded again as Skye got the idea of the situation. "Hey!" Sirius said, snapping his fingers and sitting up straighter on the end of the bed. "What?" James asked him. "I had a fantastic idea! Why doesn't Skye come with us on full moons?" He asked excitedly. "No." Remus said, quietly, but with a voice of finality. This didn't stop Sirius from continuing. He jumped up from the end of the bed with wide eyes and stood on the floor, his hands clinging to the bed posts.
"Why shouldn't she? Moony, do you have any idea how helpful that would be? If-"
"I said NO, Sirius."
Remus told him sternly, his usual kind eyes angry. Sirius faltered, glancing at Skye.
"But.. Ice, yeah?" Peter spoke up. The group looked at him. "If Skye could use it to her advantage, then she could.. Like, come with us.. And then everything would be fine!"
He exclaimed happily, rushing the last bit nervously.
Remus and the others shared a glance, skeptical.
"Fine? Everything would be.. Fine?"
Remus asked quietly.
"Okay, not fine, but-"
"Of course not fine! I could kill Skye! I could kill any of you and you're saying that you want put someone else at risk too? For fuck sake, I don't even like the thought of you guys being animagi!"
He yelled at them.
"Moony, sshh! Just.. Relax okay?" Skye asked quietly, rubbing his arm.
"Yeah, right.."
Remus agreed, nodding as he pushed his hair away from his face.
"Okay, think about it logically. We could bring Skye with us and if things got too out of control she-"
"If things got too out of control I could kill her! Not to mention the other way around. We're both suffering from things we can't control, as much as we'd like to. Am I getting this right?"
He asked, glancing at Skye.
"Yeah, I agree. Let's just leave it for a while, guys. We've enough to be thinking about."