Chapter 3: Snivellus

"When you train your eyes to see the magic and miracle in the little things, you open the door for your whole life to shift."
- Carol Woodliff

"I can't wait to get back to Hogwarts." Skye sighed, gazing out the window. "Yeah, it's nice to get away from my maniac family." Sirius grinned. "I dot see why they're so-" "Wait, wait, shh!" James said loudly, cutting Remus off. Skye frowned at him, noticing how he was staring out the door. "What?" She whispered, and Sirius answered, looking over James' shoulder. "Snivellus." A thin, hook nosed boy walked past the compartment, looking nervous and annoyed at the same time. "Snivellous!" James called through the half open door. Snape scowled at the group of them, his hand closing on his wand handle. "How'd your summer go?" Sirius asked, smirking. "He probably stayed at home and made creepy potions." James laughed, and Snape's eyes narrowed. Skye and Snape had never gone on, since tier first year when Skye set his cauldron on fire by accident. Snape has retaliated by spilling over her potion, and her book got ruined. Things only got worse when Skye's best friends because the four Marauders. "I see none of you has changed." Snape said bitterly. Skye looked up and narrowed her eyes at Snape, who shot her a deathly glare. "Got a problem, Snape?" Skye asked him angrily. "Not at all, Turner." Snape snapped back, sneering amusement in his voice. Skye raised her eyebrows and continued listening to their conversation. If you could call it a conversation. "D'you think her names funny?" Sirius barked at Snape, and Skye noticed the slight smile on Snape's face as he said her name. "What's going on now?" A girls voice asked, annoyed. "Hey Evans!" James said happily, grinning broadly. Lily ignored him, turning to Remus and Skye. "Hello, Remus. Skye." She smiled. "Hey Lily!" Skye smiled at her, as Remus smile and nodded in greeting. "I'll see you at the feast?" Skye asked, and Lily nodded, leading Snape away. "Bye Snivellous!" Peter called after him, looking toward James and Sirius expectantly. "C'mon, we'd best be getting ready." Remus said quietly, looking up from his book. "Agreed." Skye said happily, standing up and walking out of the compartment. "I've never noticed her hair before." Sirius said thoughtfully when she had left. "What about it?" James asked him, frowning. "It's a nice colour. Kind of.. Unusual. Y'know?" James raised his eyebrows. "Since when have you cared about a girls hair?" He asked, and Sirius slapped his arm. "I don't care! I'm just saying, she looks a lot older this year than before." "Taller than before, maybe." James shrugged, and Remus rolled his eyes. "You know nothing about girls, Prongs." He said quietly.