Work

"Skye! Skye, wake up!" Lily laughed, shaking her friend awake. "What?" Skye asked groggily, sitting up and running a hand through her hair. "I've been trying to wake you for ages!" Lily said, laughing but sounding worried. "Why? It's Saturday, surely I can sleep in?" She asked. Lily rolled her eyes. "No, Skye! You've got work in an hour an a half!" She said, knowing how long it took Skye to get ready, and they had to have breakfast. "Crap! Okay!" Skye said worriedly, rolling out of bed.
Hurrying into the warmth of the bar, Skye tied an apron quickly around her waist and smiled. She was only just in time- Lily had been hurrying her all morning. Taking a deep breath, she walked towards the first table, where four drunk men were sitting, reeling and coughing. "Can I get you anything else?" She asked them, although she felt her heart beat increase. "You could get me a wife." One of them bellowed, the slammed a fist down on the table, his open mouth revealing the chewed food inside it. Trying not to grimace, Skye smiled back and turned to the next man. "Anything for you?" She asked. "I'd like a girlfriend too, if you could get me one!" He joked, roaring with laughter. Rolling her eyes slightly, she asked the brown haired man. "You?" She asked bluntly. "Ah.. A bit.. Bit of.. Eh, money!" He slurred. Skye felt her anger flare. "Are you going to order something or just make stupid jokes and waste my time?" She snapped. The four men immediately stopped bellowing with laughter an sat up straight, glaring at her. "Well?" She prompted angrily. "Three firewhiskeys and a butterbeer." One of them muttered uncomfortably. Skye nodded and walked away, shaking her head slightly.

Skye had been working for three hours when she finally got a break. Sighing, Skye plopped down on a couch and downed her butterbeer, feeling the warm liquid chase away the chill in her bones. The door banging and the sound of raucous laughter filled the air. "Skye!" A male voice called. "There's a waitress named Skye, and we'd like her to be our waitress." Another voice put in. Rolling her eyes. Skye fixed her apron and kept her eyes on the floor as she headed to the table. "Can I get you anything?" She asked quietly, her head down, eyes on her small notebook. "Skye! Hey. How's work going?" James asked her, grinning. Skye's eyes snapped up, meeting the mischievous (and slightly arrogant) smirks of her two.. Acquaintances, James and Sirius. "Oh.." She was flustered- she wasn't expecting to serve them. "It's going good. Thanks for asking." Regaining her posture, she smiled. "What can I get you?" "Butterbeer. Two. Please." Sirius ordered, winking at her. "Not q problem. Back in a minute." Skye said, walking away. Sirius winking a her bothered her- he was acting like she was just some random girl he could flirt with, like so many others were to him. Not to mention the fact that he was treating her like some kitchen maid, winking at her the same way he did to the younger waitresses in other places they had been. It made her sick, so she grabbed the butterbeers and headed back to the table, her head held high. Putting them on the table, Skye internally rolled her eyes. "Can I get you anything else?" "Nah, I think we're fine, aren't we Prongs?" Sirius grinned, flicking his long hair from his face. "Yeah. Thanks, mate." James smirked. Skye was getting annoyed; what were they doing here? Why had they specifically come here when they knew she was working? Why had they calls her over, as against anyone else? And they were being so friendly! Not that she had a problem with that, but it was.. Weird. And annoying. "Your welcome." Skye answered shortly, walking away, her cold blonde hair flying.

A/N: Bit of a filler chapter, but it was fun :) I hope everyone's enjoying the story so far! One question- should I change the story to be from Skye's point of view or keep it the way it is? It's up to you, and I'd really appreciate feedback on that! I will update again when I have an answer from someone! #NOT blackmail #just your opinion #the story is for you guys anyway