Blackouts

"I'm in the details with the devil, so now the world can never get me on my level. I've just got to get you off the cage, I'm a young lovers rage.
Gonna need a spark to ignite."
- My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark, Fall Out Boy

"How could I not?"
Skye whispered, closing her eyes for a moment and smiling softly. Sirius let out a breath, as if he had been holding it for years. He smiled; not his usual smirk, but a genuine, easy, relieved smile. His eyes lit up even in the dark and Skye looked at him, feeling completely happy for the first time since fifth year.
"So.. We're friends again?"
He asked hopefully. Skye sighed, hesitant, and her heart shattered as Sirius' face fell ever so slightly.
"I just.. I've missed you, okay? I want nothing more than for us to be friends again but.. Why don't we work on it? Bit by bit. I think.. After everything, I can't just go back to how we were before. But I want to try."
She said softly, squeezing his hand. Sirius sat back a bit and stared at her before cracking a grin, his eyes igniting.
"So.. Acquaintances?"
He asked, unsure. Skye nodded quietly.
"Wait till I tell the boys! James has been dying for us to be at least speaking again!"
He exclaimed, clambering to his feet. Immediately, Skye missed the warmth and soft touch of his hand, but stood up beside him.
"The party will nearly be over by now, we're been out here for hours."
She told him, glancing back over her shoulder. Sirius smirked.
"Well I've had more fun out here than I would have at the party anyway. By the way, I think that's the last time I'm ever smoking that shot again. It's horrible."
He said dryly, causing Skye to smile. He looked down at her suddenly, thoughtful.
"You look amazing tonight, by the way."
Then, leaning forward, he pressed a quick kiss to her lips before pulling back. Skye stood, shocked for a minute, before she frowned at Sirius as he shifted into his animagus form. Tongue lolling, he took off through the trees, bounding back toward the party.

For the first after party morning since fifth year, Skye was not hungover on November first. Instead, she awoke with a smile and ran her fingers through her hair.
"Rise and shine, everybody!"
She sang, pulling open the curtains. A collective groan went up from around the room, Marlene's the loudest. Alice tried to stand up, looked dizzy, then sat heavily down onto her bed again.
"You can't all be that hungover!"
Skye exclaimed, disbelieving.
"Hah! That's easy for you to say, Skye."
Marlene groaned, blinking three times. Skye smirked at them. Of all the girls in the dorm, however, Lily was the worst looking- she lay face down on her bed, the covers kicked to down around her feet, her heels thrown carelessly on the floor. Her red hair fanned out around her face, which the others couldn't see, and her arms were thrown over each bedside, making her look like a drunk starfish. Skye grimaced and looked at the others. Marlene was sitting up, hugging the covers to her chest. Alice sat on the edge of her bed, wearing fluffy pyjamas, bleary yet slowly starting to feel better. Mary was still out cold, upside down in bed, a teddy clutched tightly in her hands. Lily was out like a light, too.
"Mary is so cute."
Skye whispered, pulling her dress over her head. The girls rarely changed after a party; either they didn't have time, were too tired or couldn't be bothered. Usually they just stumbled into bed and kicked off their heels, if they could even manage that.
"I know!"
Alice agreed quietly, laughing as Skye stumbled in her black bra and knickers.
"Look at her with her little teddy! She's adorable."
Skye laughed, throwing on a pair of black jeans. Luckily for her, she had showers after the party the night before.
"Watch yourself, Turner."
Mary growled, letting her awakened state be known. Marlene laughed at her friend, then continued to giggle for so long that finally, a long, low sound came from Lily's bed.
"Ssssshhhhhh."
She hissed at them, waving a hand. Skye rolled her eyes with a smile. She snapped her fingers suddenly.
"I know! You all stay here, I'm going to go to the kitchens."
She ordered, pulling a white top on, one that complimented her curvaceous body and cleavage.
"Why?"
Mary asked, watching Skye pull on black boots. The blonde rolled her eyes.
"Because good food always cures a hangover and these two-" she jerked a thumb at Lily and Mary- "are too hammered to go down to breakfast."
She laughed, pulling on her black leather jacket and scrunching her blonde hair.
"I heard that, you blondie bimbo!"
Mary yelled as best she could as Skye left. Laughing, she descended the stairs, but not before calling back over her shoulder.
"Love you too, McDonald!"
She laughed. A younger boy glared at her as she walked past, telling her to be quiet.
"You going to fucking make me?"
She demanded, taking a step closer to him. Immediately, he reached for his wand, and Skye brought up her knee to just underneath where he really didn't want to be kicked. He froze, eyes wide, and Skye stopped, smirking.
"See, if you didn't spend so much time going for your wand, you'd remember your.. Other "wand" shall we say. Don't boss me around kid, got it?"
She demanded, narrowing her eyes and lowering her knee. The boy goaded at her but nodded, and that was satisfaction enough for Skye. She could see the fear in his eyes.
"Merlin, Skye, you frightened the life out of the poor boy."
Remus laughed from behind her. Skye spun to face her friend, smiling.
"Good morning, Remus. Have a good sleep?"
She teased, knowing he had passed out on the common room couch. Remus rolled his eyes.
"Oh ha ha, very funny, as always. Better than James and Pete, anyway."
He added with a shrug, glancing towards the other two boys. James was half off the couch, head lolling on the arm, feet dangling. His antler headband was askew, but had been cleverly stuck on with a sticking charm. Peter was slumped against the couch at James' feet, his head down. No doubt his neck was killing him. Skye grimaced, noting Sirius was nowhere to be seen.
"And um.. What about Sirius? Where's he?"
She asked causally, trying to hide the urgency in her voice. Remus picked up on it though, and smiled slyly.
"He's in the dorm room. The two of us slept up there, but he's having a lie in."
"Makes sense."
Skye commented, remembering. After they had talked for hours, Skye and Sirius had returned to the party for an hour before going to bed separately. They had danced and talked a bit, but both had stayed away from alcohol for the night. The weed had been enough.
"So where are you headed?"
Remus inquired, rubbing his tired face. Skye smiled at him.
"The kitchens. I'm informing the house elves of what my hungover friends like most when their nursing thumping headaches."
She smirked, shrugging off her jacket. It was roasting inside the castle, even for late in the year.
"Mind this for me, would you?"
She asked, passing him the jacket, although not before taking out her cigarette and silver flock lighter. Remus frowned disapprovingly.
"You still at that?"
"Oh please, you sound like my mother."
Skye scoffed, then flinched at the mention of her mother. However she quickly brushed it aside.
"Anyway. Yes, Remus I still smoke. You do too sometimes, don't deny it. Look, I have to go, you haven't faced the wrath of Lily Evans with a hangover. Or Marlene for that matter. See you later."
"Can I join you?"
Remus piped up suddenly.
"Sure."
Skye smiled, taking her jacket and throwing it on the couch over Peter, who was too deep asleep he didn't flinch.