Entirely Hungover

"Should we wake her up?"
"Are you out of your mind?"
"Come on, Pete, you can't honestly be scared of a girl."
"Do you idiots not remember the last time we woke her up from a hangover?"
"Well she can't stay here!"
"Why not? We're not going anywhere."
"We have classes!"
"Prongs, it's a Saturday."
"Oh.. That."
"Your an idiot."
"Hey, I am not! I'm just a little bit.."
"Drunk?"
"Nah, Wormtail, that was last night."
The sunlight streams through a nearby window and I try to shut out the noise. My head is pounding and I can't feel my feet, but I know I still have my dress on.
James' voice is loud and obnoxious, and Sirius is- wait what? James and Sirius can't get into my dorm. Maybe I'm still at the party. Yeah, that's what it is. I'm at the party and the two of them are talking to me, just like old times... I wish.

***********
"Skye! Skye wake up!"
"She's hungover mate, you're not going to wake her up."
"I'm awake, James, thanks."
I say quietly, opening my eyes a fraction. Placing a hand on my pulsing forehead, I sit up groggily. My eyes scan around the familiar room, decorated with Gryffindor banners and pictures of models, three messy beds and one neat one. The boys' dorm. I smile slightly.
"Oh.. Eh.. Morning." James smiles, tipping an imaginary hat.
"Good morning James."
"How are you?" Peter asks me quietly. I frown groggily, running a hand through my hair.
"Spiffing, thanks Peter." I reply sarcastically.
"Sorry." He mumbles.
"No, Peter." I sigh. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you. I'm just.."
"Hungover?" Remus puts in helpfully from his bed, eyebrows raised.
"Yeah, that." I smile slightly.
An awkward silence settles around us. Remus turns back to his book, although he glances at me out of the corner of his eye. Peter and James stand next to each other, sharing glances, their eyes nervous. Sirius isn't here..
I sigh, looking down at my hands, clasped in my lap above the duvet of Sirius' bed.
"Guys.. What's going on?" I ask quietly. I'm not entirely sure if I mean in general or just last night or maybe both, but my head is throbbing and I'm more confused now than ever.
"What do you mean?" Remus asks, concerned.
"I mean.. Well first things first, how did I end up here?" I sigh.
"Here? What.. Oh, Sirius brought you in here last night. Carried you up the stairs." James explains with a shrug.
"Okay.. Why?"
"Because, Skye, you were passed out at the party." He laughs.
"Oh, Merlin. Really?"
"Well.. Yeah. You were asleep or passed out, I don't know which, around midnight in a chair."
"Oh, Merlin, this just keeps getting worse." I groan. The three boys chuckle.
"And then.. See this was after you and Sirius kissed, so-"
"Me and Sirius kissed?!" I practically scream at them. James spluttered but Remus and Peter look confused.
"Do you remember anything from last night?" Remus asks quietly.
"Yeah! I remember up until going out to slow dance with Sirius and then.. Nothing." I tell them quietly.
"Oh.." Peter's eyes hit the floor, embarrassed.
"D'you want us to tell you?" James asks, his head snapping up, his hazel eyes bright and twinkling with excitement.
"Don't tell her!"
A voice calls as a half naked body comes explosion out from the bathroom. We all look over in shock to see Sirius, a towel around his waist, his hair dripping. I roll my eyes with a smile.
"Padfoot, please! Mate! Go and make yourself decent." James splutters, laughing. Sirius glances down at himself before flushing a deep red, although I know he's proud of his athletic build. I wave my hand.
"It's nothing I haven't seen before, Sirius. Don't worry." I assure with a smile.
He grins sheepishly before grabbing jeans and a T-shirt. With a silent nod, he goes away to change.
"Quick! Tell me what happened last night!" I urge the other three, quickly recovering from my hangover.
"Are you sure you want to-"
"Yes, James! Just tell me."
James smirks and, siting down at the foot of my bed, launches into a detailed account of last night.
"... So, you know, you and Sirius were slow dancing, I reckon you were both a bit drunk to be honest, and I was slow dancing with Evans. Oh Skye, I forgot to tell you, Evans agreed to-"
"JAMES!" Me, Remus, Peter and even Sirius from the bathroom shout simultaneously, shutting him up before he talks about Lily. I hold up a hand.
"I know that you and Lily dances last night. Good for you James." I smile. He reaches out expectantly for a high five. I return it with a smile. It's almost like old times. Almost.
"So anyway, you and Sirius were drunk and slow dancing, and.. I saw him whisper something in your ear. And then you laughed and" he puts on a dramatic voice, "your eyes locked as you swayed beneath the music, gazing into your very souls, and that was the moment, you knew everything-"
"Then you and Sirius kissed." Remus says shortly, cutting James off in his dramatic speech. James glares at his friend.
"Don't slack on the emotional build up there Moony." He snaps. Remus grins.
"Sorry, mate."
"Wait so.. So Sirius and me kissed?"
The boys remain hesitant.
"Yeah. We kissed." A quiet voice speaks up. I turn to face Sirius, now fully dressed, his face unreadable.
"Oh.. Well eh.. Look guys, thanks for letting me sleep here. Sirius, thanks for looking after me last night. I'd best get back to Lily and the girls." I hurriedly fabricate an excuse. Sirius frowns.
"Really?"
"Yeah." I respond, crawling out of the bed. I look around and feel a pang of guilt at their expressions- sad, confused, defeated looking and, in the case of Sirius, really getting angry. I sigh, picking up my shoes.
"Look, I genuinely am sorry. I.. I Have to go."
Without looking back, I bolt out the door. My heart pounds in my chest. What is wrong with me? Why didn't I.. Deal with it? I ran out the door at the first mention of me and Sirius kissing. I couldn't face him. I can't face him.
"Skye!" A voice shouts as I'm halfway across to the girls dorm. I turn around, knowing who it is.
"Yes, Sirius?"
"Why do you run from everything?" He asks, his voice pained. I blink in surprise.
"I'm not running." I tell him quietly.
"Yeah fucking right!" He explodes, taking a step closer. "You don't have to go back to the girl's dorm, you just can't face us all after what happened last year!"
I go on the defence immediately.
"Can you blame me? And in case you haven't noticed, I have faced you! We've talked, and I was talking to James and the others, not that you knew because you were hiding in the bathroom!"
"Hiding? Grow up, Skye, I was getting dressed. Look I thought we were working through this?"
"Working through this? It hasn't been mentioned since last year, you've never approached me about it and I don't see you running up for an apology either!"
"Well then what was last night about?" He demands. My breath catches.
"I.. Sirius, last night was a mistake. For both of us, you know that!"
"It didn't feel like a mistake when you kissed me!"
"Honestly, please don't bring this up right now! We were drunk off our heads."
"Oh, spare me." He sighs bitterly.
"Fine. I will." I answer sharply, turning to walk away.