Secrets, Slughorn and the Second Warning

*Third Person POV*

Quote: "The worn, tired stars say you shall die early and die dirty.

The clean cold stars say you shall die late and die clean.

The runaway stars say you shall never die.

Never at all."

Skye's life changed slightly after that day, all for the better. She woke earlier each day and made sure, at the end, to take a long hot shower. She smiled more- a genuine smile, slightly lopsided and crooked, her blue eyes twinkling. Homework and classes became less of a chore, and she once again became one of Slughorn's favourite students. On the day she decided to "take care of things," Skye had spoken to many of her old friends, a pretty smile decoration her face as she listened with genuine interest to how they had been. The spiral of depression she had sunk into disappeared, replaced by the usual reckless, carefree girl everyone loved. Teachers had always thought highly of Skye; she was Slughorn's favourite, and was always invited to his dinners, she excelled at most classes and aced test after test. Even McGonagal had a particularly soft spot for her, and, although she wouldn't care to admit it, the Professor had a severe liking for James, Remus, and Sirius. Peter she wasn't too sure about, but none the less, tried to encourage her favourite troublemakers to talk again. It was because of this that she placed Skye next to Sirius with James on her other side. As much as McGonagal knew Skye would get annoyed, she hoped it would at least get them to communicate. That was why she gently clapped her hands together and called for attention in Transfiguration on a dreary Tuesday as the rain trickled against the window.

"Students are not working sufficiently, these past few days. Because of recent events being brought to my attention, you will be changing seats."

An unmistakable glint hid behind her eyes as a small smirk crossed her lips. Skye and Lily shared a scared look, worried. James and Sirius looked at each other, wide eyed while McGonagal called out names.

"Longbottom, Ms. Fortescue."

Skye glanced around.

"Clone, Ashwood."

Skye unfolded her hands.

"Lupin, Norn."

Skye's eyes locked with Sirius. He glared at her and she narrowed her eyes, threatening.

"Potter, Turner, Black. Evans. Pettigrew."

McGonagal said quickly, lining up the students in long rows of tables. Skye's eyes rolled in that pretty way she had mastered, and Sirius' head snapped up again to face the professor.

"Professor, I think-"

He started anxiously.

"Perhaps you should think more on your essays than your seating, Mr. Black, due to your lack of homework."

McGonagal said sharply, cutting him off. With a sigh, Sirius rolled his eyes and glared at Skye. Glaring back, she plonked into the empty seat. Sirius sighed again and dropped down beside her. James took his seat reluctantly beside Skye, glancing along the line at Lily. The four of them, James, Skye, Sirius and Lily, all seemed to sigh simultaneously and rest their head in their heads in their hands.

Despite the awkwardness of sitting beside her former best friends, Skye remained cheerful and was once again becoming the reckless, grinning girl who managed to make everyone, if not adore her, then respect her at the very least. Her witty character returned, along with her charm and need to flatter anybody were it for her advantage. Skye was also exceptionally alluring, and was always drawing people to her with her character, her wit, charm and beauty, not to mention eccentricity. She had been by far one of the most well known people in the school, but her reputation had faded after her fight with Sirius. However, it seemed as if Skye's many good qualities had come flooding back the day she decided to "take care of things." More boys from fifth, sixth and seventh year began talking to her, hanging on her every word. Sam adored her, always asking if they could study or just sit together. Lily and the girls weren't bothered by the return of Skye's popularity- they were just glad they had their friend back to normal.