Boys

"Skye wake up!" Lily said merrily, sliding open the curtains. "Good morning." Skye answered groggily, running a hand through her messy hair. "Here." Lily said, tossing her a hairbrush. "Thanks. So.. Where do you want to go in Hogsmeade?" She asked. "Skye! You're going with Rob Dawson, not me!" Lily answered. "Oh crap! Oh yeah! Ugh I have to get dressed and look nice and.. Ugh the sheer effort of going somewhere with a boy." "Oh poor me, I'm Skye and I have a string of boys in love with me, and I have to go out with one of them. Boo hoo." Lily mocked, smirking. Skye chucked a pillow at her, then smiled. "The sheer effort! Of going somewhere with a boy." Lily said dramatically, falling on her bed. "Any boy who's not Sirius. Or James or the boys." Skye replied, and Lily frowned slightly. "C'mon Lils, let's go get ready." She laughed, pulling out jeans and brushing her hair.

"Nervous?" Marlene asked Skye as they stepped downstairs into the entrance hall. "Pfft! No." Skye answered, the late October air blowing back her hair. "Are you actually ever nervous about boys?" Alice asked her. Skye muttered uncomfortably. "Pardon?" Lily asked as she joined them. "I'm going to sound really cocky." "No, Alice. Skye's never nervous when it comes to boys, because she is mature and has been going out with boys since first year." Marlene concluded. "I have not!" Skye blushed. "Have so. Don't you remember.. Ugh, what's his name?" Marlene asked, clicking her fingers thoughtfully. "Well there was a Jason, I remember him. And Daniel. And a Sam." "And a boy called Tommy." "And-" Lily added, smirking. "Okay, okay. So I've gone out with a good few boys, but who cares?" Skye laughed. Lily, Alice, and Marlene, who had been smiling mischievously, stopped and looked down, their smiles disappearing. "See? It's not that a big of a deal to me. Or you. Or anyone." Skye said, shoving her hands in her pockets. "Skye." Lily muttered uncomfortably, turning a light shade of red. "What?" Skye asked, turning. She came face to face with Rob Dawson, her Hogsmeade date, who had clearly just heard their entire conversation. "Rob!" Skye said happily, taking her hands out of her pockets and rocking back and forth on her heels. "Skye." Rob said shortly. "Will we go?" "Sure." He said, but he didn't seem as excited as before.