Night time snowfall

"See you guys later." Skye laughed, exiting their dorm room and leaving the laughing girls behind her. "Hey, Turner." Sirius smirked when she passed him. "Hey Sirius." She smiled at him. "How are you?" He asked, slinging an arm casual over her shoulder. Of course, Skye couldn't possibly sense the warm feeling in his stomach when he touched her. "I'm great! You?" She asked him. "You sure? It was only yesterday when you found out.. Y'know." He said quietly. "Yeah. Speaking of which, where is Rob? I haven't seen him since then." Sirius smirked, glancing over to James and Remus in the armchairs, with Peter sitting on the floor, the same places where they were yesterday. "Oh that." James smirked. "He eh.. He may or may not have been the victim of an accidentally on purpose charmed bludger attack." Remus said, looking down. The smirk was evident in his voice. Skye couldn't help but laugh- se had amazing friends. "He's in the hospital wing." James said casually, throwing up a snitch and catching it- something he always did. Sirius barked out a laugh and looked closely at Skye. "Where are you off to?" He asked. "A walk. I told a second year I'd show him this." She said, snapping her fingers. Luckily, the common room was empty- small icicles covered her hand suddenly, sleek and cold. "The one you were talking to at dinner?" Sirius asked. "Yeah." "Be careful." James warned her. "Yeah. I heard there's werewolves out there." Remus grinned goofily at her. Skye smiled a small smile, then pulled up her hood and climbed out the portrait hole.
"You're here!" Sam said excitedly, coming out from behind a statue. "Shh!" Skye told him, holding a finger to her lips and glancing around. If they were caught, McGonagal would skin them. Sam winced and grinned instead. He grabbed her hand and pulled her outside, into the moonlight. "Where are we going?" He asked, tuning to her and dropping her hand. "Um.. Just down here, there's space for me to show you. Although I don't get your interest with it.." She said, trailing off. "Because it's really interesting! I saw it once, I was going to Care of Magical Creatures. You were arguing with that Dawson boy. He's a prat." Sam said as they walked. "He is." Skye agreed, smiling. "Are second years allowed to join the quidditch team?" He asked suddenly. "Yeah, of course they are! Thinking of trying out?" She asked. "Definitely." He nodded happily. "Good, the team could use some new players." She told him, then stopped. "What about here?" She asked him. "Yeah! This is great." Sam said, his eyes shining happily. "Okay.. Well. What should I do?" "Just.. Anything! Everything!" Sam told her excitedly, breathless as he sat down on a rock. Skye closed her big blue eyes and took a deep breath. Then she clicked her fingers on both hands, gliding them over each other. Her palms spread out, and she could feel the sudden chill in the winter air. Christmas was soon. Skye imagined all the things that made her happy- James. Marlene. Defence Against the Dark Arts. Remus. Alice. Peter. Mary. The feasts. Sitting by the fire. Exploding snap. One though stuck out above them all- Sirius Black. She let the things take over her body, breathing slowly and letting the ice rise around her. Slowly, very slowly, she let her eyes flutter open. Even for herself, what she had done was a big deal. Ice rose in huge, glass like shapes, almost like towers, glowing in the winter moonlight. Sam stared at her wide eyed, then stood up. "This is amazing!" He said, in awe. Them Skye noticed the intricate designs on the ice, diamond shapes and swirls. It really was beautiful. "It'll still be here tomorrow." Skye said. "I hope so! It's so Christmasy!" He said. Skye smirked again, clicking her fingers. A small flurry of snow fell around them, making it feel like Christmas. "It is only about a week away." She shrugged. Sam smiled, wrapping his arms around her as they stared walking away. "Merry Christmas, Skye." He said quietly.