Second Time In A Year

*Black dots clouds my vision, before I stumble and fall on my face*
"D'you reckon she's hurt?" "Nah, mate, she just got punched in the lip. And there's a big gash down her cheek. She's clearly fine." A sarcastic voice answers. "But she will be okay, won't she?" A worried voice asks nervously. "Course! Have you met Skye? Besides, those three got it ten times worse. Your man broke his ankle and busted up his nose. I can't say for the other two, but they're still out cold." "That's great!" Another voice adds happily. I hear a door swing open and a pair of footsteps nears my bed. "Oh Godric." It's a male voice- he sounds worried. "Oi, lover boy, back off." "Don't call me that." "Can you guys ever be nice to one of Skye's boyfriends?" A girl's voice asks in exasperation. "He's not her boyfriend!" The same jealous voice says, practically yelling. The girl sighs. "Friend who's a boy, Black. Don't be dim." "I like James! He's a friend of Skye's that's a boy!" "Thanks Sirius." Yet another voice puts in sarcastically. "I like you too Remus!" "What about me?" "I like you-" "What about Skye?" The same young, worried voice from earlier splits the stupid argument. "Look, I have to go and see McGonagal about prefect duty, Remus, I'll ask her about yours." The girls voice says. "Jared-" "His name is lover boy!" "So is yours." A boys voice sniggers. "Shut it, Prongs." "ANYWAY! Jared, you should bring Sam up to-" "I'm not going anywhere!" This continues for a while, until I eventually put my finger on each voice. James, Sirius, Remus and Sam are to my left. Jared is to the left of my head. Lily is on the other side, by herself. I smile to myself, it's amazing to know that they care enough to show up. That is, I think I'm smiling to myself, but it turns out it's not to myself. Remus catches on. "Hey, guys, shut up!" Silence falls immediately- when Remus says to do something, it's done. "Is she awake?" "Well.. She's smiling." I mumble something, rolling over. "No Severus, no. This is the last time, I will not go out with you. Yes, I know your in love with me, but please. I'm in love with someone else." There's a general mutter and some shuffling as I continue my act. "It's.. Peter Pettigrew. But don't tell him Severus, please. I love Peter, not you." I finalise, my "sleep talking" ended. "Eeeeewwww." James says, sounding like a prissy little girl. "Grow up, Potter." Lily hisses. "Skye likes Peter?" Sirius asks with wide eyes. I can just about picture Remus and Lily rolling their eyes; they know I'm bullshitting. "More importantly, Snivellous fancies Skye?" "I'll get that jumped up grease creature." Sirius fumes. "Not if I get there first." James hisses. "Shut up! Is she awake?" Lily asks. "Don't think so." "I can't believe she's in the hospital wing. It's the second time in a year. I swear, as soon as those three get out of the hospital wing, I'll land them right back in it." "I'll help." Jared tells Sirius. "Honestly, I don't think your help will be necessary, lover boy." "Stop calling me that!" "Grow up, both of you!" I snap, opening my eyes and sitting up. "Merlin's Beard!" James exclaims, putting a hand on his chest as if to steady his heartbeat. "Weak." I tell him, smirking. He answers with a goofy smile and a sheepish look at his feet. "Skye! Your awake!" Peter says happily. "Nicely observed there, Peter." I smile at him, turning his face beetroot red. He must still think I like him. Jared looks at me with concerned eyes. "How are you feeling?" "Oh, fantastic." I answer sarcastically, wincing as I push myself back on my elbows. "Really, Skye?" "I'm.. My cheek hurts." "Im not surprised." Sirius says quietly. I turn to him, frowning in confusion. "Why? How bad is it?" I ask quietly. Sirius takes this as an opportunity to start a game of "pass the- should we tell her how bad it is-look", before taking a circular mirror from Remus' hands and holding it gently in front of my face. My eyes widen and I feel hot tears prick the back of my eyes. A long, healing, yet red scar runs down my left cheek. It's thin and ugly, red and almost nearly healed. It runs from my cheek bone all the way down to my jawbone, in a diagonal gash across my pale skin. It's horrible. And ugly. And monstrous. Lily sees the look in my eyes as I keep them fixed on the monstrosity in the round mirror. "It's not that bad, Skye, honestly." She says tentatively. "Yeah. It makes you look.." James searches for the right word. "Horrible." I fill in, pushing my hair back from my face, annoyed at the loose strands that fall out every time I try to wear a plait. "Skye, I'm so sorry." Sam says quietly, his head down. "It's not your fault, buddy." I smile at him, trying to be okay for his sake. "But if you hadn't come to rescue me, you wouldn't have.." He trails off, not knowing how to put "big ugly gash" into words. "It'll heal over." Jared tells me quietly. "Doubt it." I answer stubbornly, lying back down and placing a hand over the cut. "Skye, you should-" I cut him off. "Remus, please. Just leave me alone. I'm fine, just a little tired. It takes more than a cut to bother me." I lie, smiling weakly. "Go on, all of you. Go get dinner. I'm going to get some sleep. Thanks for coming, I'll see you all when I get out."