100. Timing

On my last day here in Cali I left a bit early I ended up leaving back to New York with Nattie Sunday morning because I had a meeting with the label and Mally had school on Monday. It was bittersweet taking Zay from Odell but we both knew unless his mom was in Ohio with him there's wasn't many people that would help him watch Zay so he couldn't stay.

"This next project has 14 songs on it" Matthew read from the paper in front of him I nodded as I looked down at what was about to be my next album

"What's the time span how much longer do you think you would need to finish it up" I was asked by someone else a female this time.

"I would say another month or so I do want to try to get a few more songs in before we have it mastered and perfected" I explained "Track 5 is actually a single that will be released for the show insecure that comes out tonight actually so I'm not too sure if that has a definite spot on the tracklist but I did want to release track 2 as a single in a few weeks" I saw a few nods while I spoke which gave reassurance.

Scooter sat next to me nodding as well "The show asked Naya to produce a song for them and quite honestly I don't see it not charting along with track 2 if she releases those I have no doubt that they would both be fighting each other for the top spots." he spoke up

Honestly, I was so excited for everyone to hear this new song that I did for the show it was super fun. They didn't really give me a topic I needed to make the song about so I used some lyrics from my songbook and it fit together perfectly.

During most of the meeting we spoke about doing interviews and we set a deadline for me to finish the album which I was happy with I had a month and a half to get it all together which meant I would be in the studio every chance I got.

When the meeting was over Scooter and I parted ways as I went home to change so I could go to my favorite spot, the studio. Kuk was already there, he lived there I had booked him all month since we were working on the project together.

"Play track 2 for me" was the first thing we got down to once we got settled and I explained what happened in the meeting. I leaned back into the chair as the beat and the melody came in followed by my voice.

"You such a bad liar why you try? You tell them were nothing you know I'm never the type to lose composure over love but nigga you coulda just told it was, so the sex in the kitchen was nothing to you? And that credit to get you that whip and that coupe" this had to be one of my fav songs to make for this project and I knew kuk was proud of it too the way he had a smile as he bopped his head as if he'd never heard it before.

" Whatchu say whatchu say hmmm whatchu say whatchu say don't go quiet on me now nigga speak up how you gon act like I wasnt in the basement cutting up with you, how you gon act like I wasn't in the kitchen cooking up with you, how you gon at like I wasn't in the Bently making love to you?"

"How you gon act like I wasn't there when bitches wouldn't fuck with you" I sung along to the song.

"Maaaan Release this shit right here now you playing" kuk Hyped me once more "I am, I am just wait on it" I laughed reaching over to grab my notebook that was filled with potential lyrics.

"Alright back to business, the last song I left here with was the-" I looked through the book trying to remember.

"The one with dave" he answered for me scrolling through the computer "peace sign" I smiled writing down the title name. I was especially proud of this one for someone reason having Dave back in the studio was great and we actually made this song in one session.

"What it do yall" A knock followed by a couple of people entering it was Eric and Jamaal and some of their friends. I was making songs with eric at the moment but I knew the two were close so it was no surprise that Jamaal was here as well.