10. Game Day

Odell

Game day. If I had to describe it I would say it is the most nerve wracking but exciting time in my life. Every day that I had to suit up in my uniform and go out on the field was a blessing for me it's was also exciting because I got to go out and show off my talents to fans and also help my team move forward but it also made me anxious, the criticism the thoughts of am I good enough to deliver today? Good enough for this team? What will the outcome be? Every time before I step foot on a field all suited up I make sure I pray to the man who has made me who I am today because if it wasn't for him I wouldn't of had the opportunity to even be in the league so for that reason I thank him for blessing me with these talents.

So here We we're at a home game on week eleven, minutes away from a game against the Chicago Bears I was confident in my team I knew we could take this win. Looking around the locker room I watched has my teammates laced up their cleats with their game face on.

"Ayo O mama dukes outside for you" my teammate Landon yelled across the room, knowing I didn't have much time to to socialize I quickly got up and went to see my mother outside. As suspected she stood right by the door wearing a sweater that had my jersey number on it.

"Wassup ma" I said giving her a hug she was a tall woman and I had only been taller than her by a few inches. " I just wanted to come wish you good luck and make sure your head is in the game" she smiled wiping a non existent mess on my face.

"Thank you for doing that I'm good just ready to get out there and release all the energy I got"  I told her unable to wipe the smile off my face

"Alright I'm gonna let you go remember whatever the outcome just know you gave it your all and I will forever be proud of you" she reminded me. My mother was my rock she was everything to me. I made sure once I had made it that she never lifted a finger and was treated like an absolute queen even though I knew her husband Derek was already doing that job.

I watched as she walked away then suddenly turned around "and don't think I forgot to ask you about your little girlfriend that you got up there" she added shaking her head at the fact that I had failed to actually let her know what was going on between Naya and I
"Aah play nice mama and I promise I'll fill you in later love you!"

Moments later it was officially game time I stood in the middle has the team did a huddle before we were introduced "ARE YA'LL HUNGRY? CAUSE IM READY TO EAT" I yelled hyping them up "Giants on three" I instructed as everyone put one hand out in the huddle.  "GIANTS LETS GO" that was our cue for game time.

The first half of the game had been complete back and forth once the bears had put the first scores on the board we were determined to do the same and more thankfully Rashad along with Sterling helped achieve that. Unfortunately due to the wind we had also missed out field goal making it even with the other team when they scored again we made it a mission to not let them gain any more points on us. By the second half we had gotten our heads together along with a few words from coach and Eli. I had been irritated due to the fact that I wasn't getting much play and when I did I was trapped with no where to go but I also knew it was all apart of the game once you're good at what you do you gain multiple targets on your back.

By the last few minutes in the fourth quarter we had taken the lead But had found ourselves in trouble. The Bears had the ball in their possession and if it wasn't for Landon we probably would of had a different outcome. But thankfully Landon Collins the beast had intercepted the ball from Miller ending the game and leaving us with a win 22-16.

The energy in the locker room was Great everyone was happy especially cause we were doing so great in the season after starting off a little downhill. At the rate we were going people were going to respect us especially since we have been the only team to have beat the Cowboys which is seen as "the best" undefeated team in the league right now.