66. Sacrifice

Nattie

Everything happens for a reason if it's anything I've learned these past few months it's that. A couple months ago I thought my life was over, done and ruined but looking back on it I realized this all had to happen. I didn't appreciate what I had, I took it all for granted and played into my sister's life like it was mine. I didn't know how much I had neglected my family until I had lost them and now I was going to do everything in my power to get them back.

At first Marcel wanted nothing to do with me he had even gon as far as moving out and threatening to file for full custody. That was when I realized things were worse than bad this was the man I dreamed of marrying and here he was treating me like gum on the bottom of his shoe.

After months past of me just being at home with Jamal trying to prove I was all in, Marcel finally gave me the time of day and came over for a very much long long needed talk. We spoke about everything that happened, why it happened, how was our relationship and what we could have done to fix it. In the end, we decided to put the petty energy behind us and focus on Jamal and in the midst trying to see if we were worth another shot.

That trip to Disney world was everything and more, we were actually a family again all in one room doing family activities and taking photos to last a lifetime. Jamal was ecstatic the whole trip I think this was the happiest I've seen him this year.

Now that we were back from the trip Marcel decided to spend a couple days with us at our home, I didn't mind in fact I loved it him being here just felt like old times.

I sat on the couch watching the two play on the Xbox I swear Jamal was hooked on that thing.

Bringing me out of my little daydream was a FaceTime call from Naya, the last time I spoke to her she was in Cali whining about wanting to get home to take care of her man.

"What's Poppin" I say answering the call "hey what you doing?" She asked moving around what looked like the kitchen.

"Nun watching the boys play 2k" I flipped the camera showing her the two "aww look at them I swear Mally is looking more like his daddy the older he gets" she commented making me frown knowing that he didn't look like me one bit. "You know I hated Marcel my whole pregnancy ma says that's why Jamal came out looking just like him" a little bit of annoyance came over me as I thought about my pregnancy, Marcel would purposely piss me off then try and make up just to do it again.

"Or maybe his genes are just strong" she responded I could hear the attitude in her voice I guess it was from the mention of our mother.

"Anywho tell Marcel I said whaddup" she threw up some sign like she was in a gang "Cel, Yaya said hi!" I announced across the room.

"Aye tell her I said hi back" he turned around sending a wave "she heard you" I say not wanting to repeat.

"Ava get down before I put you outside" Yaya threatened her dog she looked so
Stressed and tired "how's O?" I ask knowing that since his mom left she was the one helping him around.

"He's good taking it day by day but as much as he doesn't want to he's laying off his leg and actually resting" she says taking a plate from Renee their chef. I swear rich people man. She spoke about O and his recovery and how he couldn't wait to start walking.

"That's good, I gotta come to visit one of these days" I've been saying this since he got injured and just never got around to it. "I know I been waiting for you to pop up for like two weeks now" she stared rolling her eyes.

"I know my bad I just been busy ima make it sometime this week though I promise" I looked at my sister who shook her head not believing a word I was saying.

"Aight well I just called to check in" she wanted to hang up. "Which I appreciate you doing" I say watching as Marcel got up and came my way

"I'm sure you do, well I'm bout to go bring O his food then go take a well-needed shower" she says shuffling around "Aight I'll take to you later boo" I said my goodbyes "Aight bye give Mally kisses for me!" She had a request before the three beeps came.

"How Odell doing?" Marcel asked taking my legs and resting them on his lap. "She said he's good it's been like a week and a half after the surgery so in like a months time he should be starting physical therapy" I repeated what I was told.

"Mommy when are we gonna visit uncle
O and auntie Yaya" Mally came over joining the conversation he climbed over the chair and into my lap leaning back on me.

"Uhh wanna go after school on Thursday?" I asked "Yeah! And can we make them cookies?" His eyes lit up "Yeah we can decorate them too" I say agreeing since Thursday was two days away and gave us time. "Yay I'm gonna draw up decorations" he jumped out my lap running up the stairs to where I'm guessing his room.

"Sounds like a nice little trip" I couldn't tell if Marcel was being sarcastic or not or better yet why. "You can come if you like I'm sure they'll love to see you too" I invited thinking that was what he was waiting for. "Nah I'm cool I don't know who's gonna be over there" he shrugged picking up his phone I knew he was speaking our Ben.

"Just Odell and Naya" I assured ignoring his sudden attitude "hmm" he didn't answer.

"What's the issue now?" I genuinely was confused about what was wrong now? "I don't know I don't wanna sound rude" he says "say it we said if anything was bothering us we would bring it up and not hold it inside" I reminded he sighed taking a deep breath.

"I don't know I just feel like ever since you started hanging out them shit for us went downhill" he caught me off guard, I never expected that from him but I knew it was true.

"I mean I know I got caught up but I know better now trust me I checked back into
Reality" I assured taking his hand so he could look at me "I know and I do trust you now but I just don't trust the people around you" he revealed serious as ever "that's my sister Marcel I can't just not see her" I argued did he not want me to have friends.

"I'm not saying you can't I'm just saying if it were just you and her I'd be comfortable" he was really being dramatic about it all.

"So now you don't trust Odell" I accused trying not to get upset "I don't care about Odell I just don't like his choice of company is all" began to get frustrated bringing up Ben.

"Okay I get it" I say seeing his side of it all I knew it would make him uncomfortable if Ben and I were hanging out in the same setting. "I don't wanna come off controlling or nun like that" he expresses squeezing my hand. "I know and I understand I don't want you to ever feel uncomfortable especially when my focus is on trying to build us back up" if it means making sacrifices then I was down with it.

"Thank you baby" he says planting a kiss on the back of my hand "I just think that's something we can work towards after we've worked on us" He added in giving me that smile I fell head over heels for. "I'm completely on board" I assured

Naya and I could make plans outside of the house I would just have to let her know how Marcel felt and just hoped she understood. Hopefully, she didn't take it the wrong way or get offended I needed her to be supportive and realize just like how she got her man back I was working my way on getting mines.

************
Just a quick little view on Nattie