22. Old Roots

Naya

Life comes at you fast, at least that was what I was learning. After my wonderful surprise for Odell was a success I spent my four free days literally snuggled up under him. Wherever he went I was there I wanted to spend as much time with him as possible before I needed to head off again. O didn't mind either in fact he found it adorable that I didn't want to leave his side something bout feeling appreciated and wanted.

When it was time to leave again I was devastated I felt as though everything had happened so quickly. All that time we spent together felt like it was all just a dream. This made me want Football season to be over quicker so we could spend time together but I knew that was me being selfish. He had to go work as well as me the sad part about all of this was that while his season was almost done my career was beginning to get busier.

When we landed at LAX we were met with a little surprise. Marcel and Jamal had flown out to Cali to be with Nattie which was cute but, it also made me feel bad. Here Nattie was with me focusing on my career when she had a family she needed to get back to at home I was taking her away from that.

"Auntie Yaya" Mally greeted jumping into my arms "Hi baby I missed you" I say giving him kisses all over his face "I missed you too" he copied my actions doing what I did to him to me. "Sup Cel you look tired as hell" I commented looking over at Jamal's father. He stood at around 5'11 looking like a typical light skin with his fade.

"So I guess we are not getting a two bedroom suite y'all can have your own room" I said disgusted at how lovey dovey the two were doing "Mally and I will sleep together you guys can have your alone time"

"I wasn't saying nothing when you was all over Od-" Nattie began to say but was cut off by a suddenly upset Jamal "mommy why is there always people with cameras around" he complained pointing to the men that stood out in the open snapping pictures of us. "Because baby they love auntie and want to see into her life" she gave an ugly explanation she made it seem like I liked them being around.

"Aight let's go before they get closer" I said putting Jamal down and holding his hand, we searched for our driver while His parents handled the luggage. "Auntie look that mans hiding behind the car" he yelled giving up the paparazzi's hiding spot. "Naya how excited are you to be on Ellen?"

"What do you think about the whole josh Norman and Odell situation?" "Are you going on tour soon the fans want to know" the questions kept coming they drew attention to us because now there were people looking on seeing what was happening.

"Guys back up please you're scaring him" I said motioning to Jamal who was now clutching on to my arms for dear life but that didn't matter to them "Yo move back! You're bout to get decked in the throat if you don't move that camera out his face" I threatened pushing the man away from us. Thankfully airport security came out helping us clear the way and safely get to the car "thank you" I said to the driver who held the door open for us, I let Jamal go in first before I went after.

"You okay?" I asked hugging him he nodded laying his head on my arm. A couple minutes later the door opened and Marcel and Nattie climbed in "you alright Mally?" Was the first thing she asked climbing over me to see him "yes mommy I'm okay just tired" he answered laying back down.

When we got to the hotel we wasted no time in ordering room service and I was beyond hungry and tired at that.

The next day I was the first to wake up next my nephew who's legs somehow found its saw over mine for comfort. Quietly getting up I phone Nattie to make sure she was up as well the we ordered breakfast. As planned I had my own room which I shared with Malloy while his parents got one across the hall from us. As the day went by I began to become more productive after breakfast I added a FaceTime call with Odell then I text Mila checking in on her and then lastly I began to get ready. I had an appearance at Ellen that I had to be at and even though that wasn't until a couple hours later I still needed to make sure I wasn't late.