103. New Dates

Naya

To say that having that vacation was just a good getaway would be an understatement. That vacation did everything and more for me, it even prolonged my mood once I returned to New York. I knew no one could ruin my mood, this wasn't something I wouldn't allow to happen. When I came back, I was immediately thrown into business meetings, appearances and the studio, thankfully Odell had agreed to keep Zay a little while longer and I would fly out to LA on the day before Valentine's. I won't lie though I missed my baby, and I couldn't wait to cuddle and have him sleep in my bed.

"So, we have this song on the set list do we like or leave it off" I say with Nattie in the studio as we went through the list of songs I wanted to put on my new album.

"I may leave off Forever, I don't know how I feel about it yet" I looked over the songs in front of me. Truthfully many of these songs were made in the past six months so I wasn't too sure if I would use them, they seemed super depressing hearing them back now.

"I low key want to start from scratch, I want to make an album to revolve around something then formulate the songs to fall in line"

"Okay so like what's the album about maybe break ups or, discovering yourself" Kuk chimed in trying to help "I don't know I feel like it's more than that though I wrote a lot of these songs in a state that brought me peace" I sighed

"Like we would just be in here liquor in our system vibing, and the words would just flow out" Most nights in the studio involved some shots of tequila or a glass of wine, it was a way it loosens me up and really feel my emotions. Most times I was either in here late nights with Kuk or I used the home studio both place were my safe haven.

"So basically, drunken words but sober thoughts" Nattie suggested "Yes!" I jumped up hitting her arm out of excitement "Bruh you're a genius" I hugged her writing the words she just spoke on a notepad.

After a while we began going over some songs I had yet to finish. The majority of these songs I started with a thought in mind and then dismissed them once I started becoming okay with where I was in my non-existent relationship.
One song in particular I treated like my baby, it was one that expressed every thing for me and I wanted to make sure it was perfect. I had only recorded the first verse and stopped but with some motivation I was now ready to finish the song and maybe  list it on my album.

"From the chorus into the second verse then we'll add background vocals after" Kuk instructed behind the glass. I nodded my head in the booth putting my headphones on as I waited for my queue.

"You can't afford this place no, you can't afford a thing about me you're so unstable"

"You can't afford to stay, can't afford the mistakes you made, you can afford it, don't make no sense" I sang feeling every emotion from when I first wrote it.

"You had the world in your hand, do you know the price of the body you had in your bed, no Lamborghini's or Bugatti's can even compare"

"So maybe I'll fuck one these ballers I see on Tv cause at least I get a diamond every time he says he's sorry" Once we went over the rest of vocals, I exited the booth rejoining then in the room to listen to it.

"You think he's going to be mad when he hears this?" I questioned we all know this song was about Odell

"You're so unstable" Nattie sang "shit if you called me unstable, I'm fighting" she laughed.

"I told him I would let him hear it before ever putting it out" I groaned folding my arms, I was going to keep my word and let him hear the song, but I didn't want him to be upset about anything in it.