78. Quickie

At this point in time, Odell had moved from being upset to being frustrated a week had passed and I still kept my word I wanted to be nowhere around his father. When Sr. Came to say goodbye I made my way out the house going to my dad's to chill for a couple of hours. For the rest of the week, I paid the most attention to our guest Jarvis and Estrella along with little miss Joy. Estrella, Joy and I went almost everywhere exploring and shopping it was sad when they had to leave because I actually really enjoyed their company I could tell Odell did too he was so free around Jarvis always reminiscing about college days and their goals.

After they left we went back to our normal schedule, taking Mally to school picking him up, only this time I was in the studio downstairs using up my time. At the moment I was in the booth while Kuk my vocal producer/engineer worked his magic, I was grateful and happy he was willing to come to me not many Producers would agree to that.

"Run it back one more time when you get to you and me part I want you to go lower" he instructed I nodded hearing the music flow through my headphones.

"You're my B.E.S.T.F.R.I.E.N.D, you and me" I sung looking up to see a thumbs up from him telling I did it the way he wanted. I continued with the song doing background vocals and trying to finish up writing my verse, I was currently recording a song Lloyd had sent over. I originally said I wasn't going to record during my pregnancy but it was honestly one of the things that kept me sane being back in the booth just felt so good.

"Okay were gonna go full out from the top with your verse" Kuk tapped the computer screen showing me he was starting the song from the beginning. Once the song started I sung over my parts hoping to make them better, when it came to my verse I stood up singing into the mic.

"We were children when we met just playing house and drinking soda at the corner store Like a brother from another didn't notice all the other girls they wanted more" I sung looking at the note pad so I didn't forget the words. We continue for another hour or so then got started on music for myself just some things I had written that needed a beat.

"Lemme hear what you have" I came out the booth and sat next to Kuk as I got ready to share what I've written. "Okay so i think I need another verse maybe a male would be a good fit" I gave a little description before I got into it.

"It don't take a lot all I need is you to be the man for me, but I want it all and I'm willing to give you what I need. Baby I ain't scared to show you the freaky side of me sometimes I fight you off but I love it  rough when you make love to me" I looked over to see him nodded his head.

"I love it when he say that he loves me and I live when he tells me that he needs me, when he looks in my eyes feels like I'm high" I finished not having much else to share.

"Oh yeah that would definitely sound good with a guys perspective on there, start working on a chorus and bridge and we can try to see which guy is a good fit" kuk was already on it and ready to work even with a barely finished song.

"I don't know I was thinking about giving it to someone" I voiced spinning in my chair "why would you do that" he stopped my chair confused "for right now I kinda just wanna help people out get my credits up before I'm ready to come back in the game" I explained hoping he understood. I didn't want to be in the studio hours on end for a day recording for an album I rather just go have fun or record my verse for someone else's song.

"Gotchu do you have anyone in mind?" He looked over at me before turning his attention back to his computer where I saw him pull up a list of names. "Nah not yet who's working on an album right now?" I say peeking at his computer

"These are people I have sessions with so let's see we got Chris, Dave east, lyrica, Lani I think trying to work on an album,  uhh Tinashe and Justine sky" he read the names off "Mariah is gonna be in the studio next week I can try to see if she likes it or see which way she's going for this album" I nodded liking the idea. "I know Chris for sure will take it and put his own spin but I don't know if I wanna go his route or shoot for a female" I was unsure of what I wanted to do. In the end I wasn't going to push it I was just going to let faith handle it.