56. Consideration

Odell

"You don fucked your now" Ben repeated in my ear as I tried to race back home. "Was that her?" I asked frantic as I broke my neck to look at the black van turning away from us.

"How am I supposed to know do I look like I have X-ray vision to see inside the damn thing" he shot back rolling his eyes. "Fuck" I mumbled parking in the driveway and seeing her car still here.

"You think she still here?" I asked looking over to him "I don't know her flight was an hour ago she probably just called a cab or something" he stated the obvious getting out the car first. I followed after slowly walking up the steps.

"Yeah, she's gone" Ben answered my question after being in the house for two seconds. He was right she was gone I could tell since the dogs were just laying there bored out of their mind. "Hey boy what you doing" I tried to greet Kahn only for him not ignore me and walk away Jax and Ava were more receptive to my affection.

"She even fed them" I examined their bowl which still had some food left in it. "Should I call her?" I sat around the kitchen island scrolling through my phone.

"Nigga what am I your magic 8 ball?" Yeah he was fed up with me too "you probably got her mad at me too" he added slamming the fridge door "you know I just got back on her good side" he carried on.

"She ain't got no reason to be mad at you" I played with my phone. Ben stopped and did a full 180 to face me "I am guilty by association! Do you not know the rules of a relationship?" Now he was the one asking questions.

"If your nigga guilty then so are his friends because either A. They knew the shit he was doing or B. They covered for his ass" he slammed his hands on the counter. "Or better yet C. They were with him had no clue shit was happening and posted the festivities on social media" this morning after I had told him what happened he quickly deleted everything he had posted last night.

"That's not my fault you post too damn much" I shrugged it was tried though. "That's beside the point you fucked up so how are you going to fix it?" I didn't think there was much to fix I don't even think she was that mad about last night but I knew she was for sure upset that I forgot to bring her to the airport.

"I texted her saying sorry I didn't bring her to the airport" I read my message to him he smacked his forehead shaking his head "you're stressing me out" he slipped his hat off his head "the fuck You stressing for" I laughed a bit at the way he was acting.

From: 👑Yaya☯️💞

K...

"Yeah, she mad" I showed him the message "it's more than the just not taking her to the airport it's everything that happened yesterday," he said rolling his eyes.

"Am I wrong? She w-" he cut me off before I could finish "yes 100% it's your fault" I screwed my face up disagreeing with him. "How when she's the one that went out to be petty" I asked arms folded.

"It wasn't to be petty she called you and let you know what was up so that you weren't caught off guard dawg not everybody doing shit out of spite" he said shrugging while making some eggs.

"You wouldn't be mad if she went out with a dude who we both know got feelings for you." I made a point Naya didn't have to go out with Keith of all people especially seeing that he wants my spot. "That nigga has a whole girlfriend who by the way was there last night." Ben stuck on Nayas side, at least he was being upfront with me about how he felt.

"What does that mean you ain't been with someone but wanted someone else?" I say knowing that we've both been through that. I didn't feel that at the moment but in my past relationships mostly college it has happened.