75. No Games

A quick update!

Naya

After sitting in the living room and answering any questions Heather had we decided to all call it a night, I was beyond relieved that she was excited for us seeing her reaction made me feel like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

"I'm so tired" I yawned freely walking around the room in O's boxers and a sports bra since I didn't have to hide my stomach anymore I could now walk around comfortable as ever.

"I can tell" O looked up at me locking his phone, he lifted up the comforter waiting for me to climb into the bed "I'm getting so big" I frowned looking down at my stomach "I know I love it" his big hands went to my stomach caressing it. I sat up on the bed watching tv as silence took over us he was being more quiet than usual.

"What's wrong babe" I look up seeing he was focused on the wall "huh?" He shook his head shaking the thought away "nothing I'm good" he brushed me off once more. "Is the Nattie thing bothering you that much?" I asked if it was something he was so concerned about maybe I should look into it.

"No it's just- I don't know" he sighed glancing at me then to the wall I waited for him to use his words and tell me what was really wrong. "When I went to go pick Jamal up she didn't look right" his attention was still on the wall almost like he didn't want to make eye contact with me.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused on what he was trying to get at "I think something's going on in that house" he now looked worried and slightly frustrated "like what?" I turned my body to now completely face him. "Babe you're scaring me just say it" I held his hand waiting what could have been so bad that had him worrying this much. Just last week he wasn't pressing me to contact her in fact he said give her space now he was doing the opposite.

"When I went to get Jamal she looked like she had bruises on her body that were beginning to heal" he revealed finally looking at me to see my reaction "are you sure?" I didn't want to jump to conclusions first I needed to be sure "yeah she had a bruise by her face it was damn near greenish yellow looking so she been had it for a while" he was sure of it "even had a busted lip" he mumbled replaying what he saw "she had a scarf on covering her neck I asked if she was good and all she said was that it was cold in the house" fuck this was the last thing I needed right now.

My eyes began to water as he continued to let me know what had happened "I asked jamal where Marcel was... he told me he hasn't been at the house in days Mally heard them yelling at each other but after that Marcel came in his room and told him he was leaving for a couple days for work" Odell looked upset and I couldn't blame him no man should ever put hands on a woman what made it even worse was that it was my sister.

"I have to call her" I say trying to get up and get my phone "hey hey.. calm down chill baby wait a minute" he reached for me pulling me back on the bed and wiping the tears that were escaping my eyes. "That's my sister Odell" I cried "my sister...why would she not tell me this" I didn't want to believe it but I trusted Odell and I trusted what he said he had seen.

"I texted her Naya" he wrapped his arms around me "I texted her asking if he had put hands on her and she denied it told me it's not what it looks like and that 'Marcel would never' she denied it" He mocked in her voice. "We used to be able to tell eachother everything" I frowned trying to figure out what went wrong. Nattie was a strong person so always pride herself of not taking shit from others and being straight forward. I understood she was trying to get Marcel back or even holding on to how they were before shit got fucked up if she was in the right state of mind she would never allow this.

"I don't want Jamal being around that" I say now thinking about the child that had to be in that household. "How about this.. tomorrow we'll go to the house me and you and talk to her" he suggested which I was all for "yeah your mom or Jazzy can watch Jamal" I offered them off.