79. Merry Christmas

I just wanna say real quick that I appreciate you guys to the max and thank you for your prayers it means a lot for real 💛.

Odell

It was that time of year again... Christmas time. My family had slowly but surely trickled in the only people that were actually staying with me were my mom, Jaz, Derek along with my aunt and uncle everyone else was in a hotel not too far by. Since Naya and I were hosting Christmas this time around we made it our mission to make sure everything was set perfect well, her more than me. I didn't really care if something was missing but Naya wanted to make a good impression so she had me going back and forth to make sure we had everything.

The first day my family got here they came over and I introduced them to Naya who I knew was nervous. All in all, I think it went pretty well there weren't any rude comments and no one was being standoffish my mom's side of the family was way too loving to be acting otherwise. I think after Naya realized they were accepting her with open arms that's when she calmed down a bit and opened up. Her family even came over and they hit it off right away, it was hard not to love her dad especially when he was so social and had an overall good energy.

When my dad arrived I could tell she was immediately annoyed and did everything in her power to lessen any convo she had with him. Still, she stayed around Sonny he was clinging to her showing how much he had missed her.

I also saw that when she was talking my dad made no real effort to get into a conversation with her they only really spoke when brought into a convo by someone else or when it was about Sonny and I didn't like that one bit. This is not how I saw the relationship going but I knew Naya and I knew the way she felt wasn't just going to magically disappear all because I felt a way about it.

My dad, on the other hand, I didn't know how he would change, I was still meaning to speak to him I just haven't found the right time or better yet the right words, I didn't want to sound disrespectful when approaching him but every scenario I was coming up with had me being blunt and rude.

Shaking my head to get the thought out of my head I slowly sat up in bed looking to see that the space next to me was empty. Naya was up and gone and I don't know how I didn't feel her get up especially when she makes the most noise doing such a simple task.

Wiping the sleep out my eyes I slowly got up going to the bathroom to freshen up, it felt like everyone in the house was already up I could tell by the faint Christmas music playing downstairs. Looking at the clock in the bathroom, I noticed it was 8:35 am letting me know I had about an hour and a half before family started to arrive.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face I finally made my way downstairs the first thing I saw was Khan lying by the kitchen door frame, he always made sure to be by Naya she spoiled him so there was no surprise why he was attached. Next, I saw my mom, Naya and aunt Steph in the kitchen laughing at something that was previously said, Jaz, my uncle and Derek weren't here so I was assuming they weren't up yet.

"Merry Christmas" I greeted the women in the kitchen "Merry Christmas!" They yelled back with smiles plastered on their face. "You're up early" Aunt Steph says surprised that I woke up before the rest "nah this is late actually I'm usually up by 6 to work out and stuff" I corrected letting her know I didn't usually sleep in and if I did somehow sleep in it wouldn't be for long once I realize Naya is out the bed it's like my body just naturally wakes up not too long after.

"Well look at you, when do you start back training and everything?" She started up a conversation "I'm actually already training but with the team, I don't start till May" I answered picking lint off the Santa shirt Naya made me wear to bed.