7. Before I Do

Two Weeks later*

Naya

The time for my performance had slowly crept up on me but I was ready not only that but I was also basically done with my album we just needed to put the finishing touches on certain songs.

"What you been up to" Scooter asked entering my home, I had invited him over to listen to something I had been cooking up and speak about updating my website "nun much I just have this song I wrote the other day and I cant get it out my head" I walked over to him giving him a hug before he went to sit on the couch.

"She's been on this song non-stop for like almost two weeks now" Mila revealed to Scooter who now had a curious face "honestly the words to this songs just flowed into me and I kid you not, I could not go to sleep until I finished this shit" I said handing my notebook over to him.

"It's a situation with a guy?" he guessed looking over the lyrics I nodded "yeah it wasn't nothing serious though it was just me being in my feelings and not knowing if this guy was really into me or not" I confessed he rose an eyebrow at me chuckling "who Odell?" he nailed right on the spot

"yeah it was just shit with his ex that confused me but we spoke about it and cleared the air and went back to normal but in the back of my head I'm reminded by every blog site of all the girls he's been with so it's like am I turning into one of those girls or is he actually tryna be serious this time." I had given this much thought, since the whole ex-thing Odell had made sure to show me that he was actually interested in knowing me on a deeper level. We went out on a couple dates, kissed here and there, he even came to my place to watch movies. We had grown to be comfortable with each other and I loved that he wasn't afraid to let the public see how close we have gotten.

"Have you spoken to him about those girls" Scooter asked I shook my head of course I didn't me being me I didn't want to bring up his past relationships especially when he never brought up mine.

"This is the first well-known guy she's been seen out with on a romantic level so for her its like she's trying to get to know this person but at the same time her mind is being clouded by the comments the media is saying about his reputation" my sister Nattie said and she was right I needed to not focus on what the media said, if I had a questions I should ask Odell himself not seek the answers from the media.

Scooter nodded his head taking in everything that was said "I know it's still fresh and new all I can say for you to do is be careful but at the same time you know trust in him if he's not giving off signs of unfaithfulness then there's no reason for you to work yourself up about this" I nodded listening to him "At the same time it's like we are in a good place right now and I don't wanna ruin that" I added picking at my nails.

Never have I gained feeling for a person as quickly as I did for Odell I mean unless you count the major crush that I had on Lil Fizz when I was younger then that's a whole other story. I mean have you seen Lil fizz when he was younger? he was beautiful especially with the puff ball at the back of his head he's the reason I fell in love with B2K.

"If it's really bothering you then talk to him about it" I knew he was right "now let me hear this song the lyrics got me intrigued" he said handing me back my notebook "she had me up all night working on it with her so I better be getting paid" Mila joked as she grabbed the guitar and sat next to me.

I had asked her to help me figure out the chords since it was just a song I wrote out of nowhere and I wasn't sure if I wanted it recorded. The only reason I asked scooter over was to get his opinion on if this was studio worthy or should I just lock it back up into my notebook.

I listened as Mila played the guitar waiting for my cue to come in "I heard about you and your other situation, through word of mouth they made it seem so complicated" I sang at this point I had gone over this song so much that I didn't need my notebook to help me with the lyrics.