82. Shot clock

Naya

It had now been a week since my vacation and I was miserable I forgot what the real world felt like for a minute. Odell had to fly back to Cali but this time instead of staying behind I went with and occupied myself with studio time and also tried to get ready for the baby shower. Since it was coming up we decided to just stay here until then plus New York was fully in the Winter season and I thought it'd be a good idea to have the shower in Cali at my place since it was warm and had a good amount of space.

"Where you heading to?" My aunt Gina questioned me as I picked up the car keys from the counter, "Studio, you gonna be here tonight?" I asked knowing her and my uncle got into it so she was avoiding him.

"Yeah I'll be here, I swear I can't stand ya ugly ass uncle" she rolled her eyes thinking about him "got some nerve talking bout "I think you should try to connect with Sheila more" nigga kiss my ass" she went on mad all over again.

"I forgot that bitch name cause I don't associate with her outside of Jr. her name is 'baby mother' or 'Jr's mother' I don't care to learn her name" This issue has been going on for years and honestly I don't think there was an actual solution to it "what I look like being friendly with your baby motha when she ain't got no respect" I could understand where she was coming from My uncles ex was known to be rude and her and my aunt got a lot of bad history so that wasn't exactly easy to fix.

"Now he wanna play kumbaya cause Jr got his girlfriend coming around" if it's one thing I knew about my aunt it was that she loved my cousin Jr. like he was her son and even treated her like his mom. Even when her and my uncle had a kid together he was never treated differently and I think that's what his mom hated to see, her child was happy in another home other than hers.

After letting Aunt Gina vent some more I sent her to the spa so that she could relax while I went to the studio when I got there, everyone was already set up, Ella was in the booth and Dijon was behind the soundboard.

"Look who has arrived" Ella announced through the mic her accent filling my ears "hey guys sorry I'm a little late" I apologized putting my things down and going around the room hugging everyone.

"Hi my love, and hi my little baby" Ella greeted hugging me then placing a hand on my stomach, the first time I came to the session I was in a baggy jacket trying to hide my stomach I was successful until a certain odor began to irritate me making me feel overly nauseous, plus I had to get up and pee like every single second so I knew I couldn't hide it from them for too long. Before the first session was over I revealed to them that I was indeed with child but wanted to keep it personal and also wanted them to bare with me if there came a time where I wasn't able to attend a session or if I was leaving the room too much to go use the bathroom. Ultimately it was a good outcome they were all understanding, Dijon was happy since his wife was also pregnant at the moment as well too.

"He's been sitting on my damn bladder it's so uncomfortable" I say frowning down at my belly feeling pressure when I sat down "wait till they start kicking ya ribs" Dijon added in making a face rubbing his stomach as if he had felt the feeling before.

"I know I'm already over it" I took out my laptop which contained everything we had been doing so far "okay so where are we at?" I changed the subject so we could get started on the work " we just finished recording Naked so we were just adding a few tweaks" Bryan answered playing over the music that they had just done. We all sat back and listen to her voice which filled the room.

"Take away the big shirts the tattoos the sweatpants and vans Okay I don't wear no makeup no purse in my hands" she sounded also angelic I could already tell her album was going to be a good success I mean from all the praise she was getting from Boo'd up I knew people were anticipating to hear and with people like me, Dj mustard, Bryan Michael- Cox, breezy helping there was no doubt she would sell records or even get a Grammy.