58. Fever

Naya

The next week went by smoothly Odell and I spoke every day mostly for hours on end I can't even count how many times we had fallen asleep with us still on FaceTime.

The closer it got to tour the more excited I became this was about to be a whole new experience for me and although I was still on the fence about being away from O I knew we could handle it no matter what.

Before I got started with rehearsals today Scooter had called asking if I would be able to stop by his place. It sounded urgent so I told him it was no problem usually when he does this it's him asking about a job I wanted to take.

"Hey love" I was greeted by Yael scooters wife who had their son on her hip "hey how you been" I say hugging her and giving Levi a kiss on the cheek. "Hey buddy" I tickled his tummy "he just woke from his nap so don't mind his face" she motioned to his bored expression. "Aww okay that makes sense"

"Scott is in his office jagger might be in there with him too" she said letting me their other son was present "oh great I'll go see what they're up to" I say walking down the familiar hall I've been down so many times. When I reached the last door on the right I knocked "who is it" a little voice answered but began to giggle "it's Naya" I answered smiling when I heard his little footsteps "daddy Nayas here" he told his father opening the door for me.

"Hey jag" I immediately picked him up hugging him "hi yaya" he giggle wrapping an arm around me "woah look at your hair" I realized it was now grown out and very blonde. "He doesn't want to cut it" Scooter interrupted shaking his head at his son.

"What's up scoot" I greeted taking a seat across from his desk with Jagger on my lap. "Hey Jag can you go tell mommy to make those cookies that we really like" he created a way to get Jagger to leave the room without actually telling him to leave "ooh yes! I'll be right back" he quickly got up running out the door and slamming the door behind him.

"I don't like that face what's wrong?" I say when I saw that he didn't look happy which meant it wasn't good news. "Um well" he ran a hand down his face which made me nervous what could he possibly tell me.

"My main priority is my artist you know this your health and mental comes first before any deal any song anything" he stressed clasping his hands together "Okay" I tried to follow what he was saying.

"Justin doesn't feel like at the moment he is in the best headspace" he finally came out to say "is he okay?" Was my immediate reaction.

"Instead of being the next train wreck he wants to cancel the rest of tour and try to better himself" ahhh so this is what the meeting was about.

I leaned back in the chair worried but also upset "I wanted to tell you before word got out" he informed letting out a sigh he was probably holding in for a while. "So that's it" I asked thinking of all the rehearsal hours and new Material all my excitement gone.

"I know how you're feeling and Jay feels horrible about it but we can't have a repeat of last time" I nodded understanding "I know I don't want him to go back down that path I'm glad he's taking control this time" I say realizing it wasn't all bad.

"I'm the meantime I'm gonna look for something's you can do to keep busy" he says opening his computer. "I know it's sudden but you have any place in mind you wanna vacation?" He asked looking like he was about to book it at the moment.

"I'm probably gonna go back home for a bit enjoy the season" I shrug not minding the idea "with Odell?" I nodded answering the question "inseparable huh" I couldn't tell how he meant it maybe he was throwing shade.

"Pretty much" I shrugged brushing off the comment "well so I guess there aren't any rehearsals today huh" I say remembering where I was going to go after this "I'm afraid not I already called Paris but told her not to say anything to you I wanted to personally tell you" I nodded not knowing what else to say.