20. Past vs Future

Odell

Focused. My mindset was beyond in the game since I came home I've been in the training facility everyday on top of that I've been hitting the gym. Since last game wasn't as great for me coach thought it was a good idea to meet up with trainers to make sure my hip was fine and that my thumb was healed. I had strained my hip earlier in October and since then coach has been keeping an eye on it so that I didn't injure it any further. With that being said I didn't let myself rest, I couldn't especially since we were so close to making it to the play offs.

Since it was a day before we played the Cowboys again the team had a mandatory practice then later on we would be flying out to Dallas. "I got a good feeling bout this one" Casillas yelled we were all huddled up in the locker room sweaty after practice "I see all you guys putting in the effort, giving your all to this tea and I have no doubt in my mind we will make it to the playoffs" Eli added. The two captains did a little speech to the players in hopes to keep their head in the game. So far in the season we had been the only team to repeatedly defeat the cowboys this time nothing different was expected. I will say though the team was doing pretty great for their first season without their Tony Romo. Dak had taken the position and fulfilled it beyond everyone's expectations, I couldn't be mad they were untouchable when it came to the other teams.

"I've seen so many of you guys grow into a better player and I just wanna say I'm proud and honored to call you guys my brothers, my teammates" Casillas added

"Everybody in Giants on three" we obeyed gathering closer with on hand in the middle of the circle. On the count of three everyone around shouted out our teams name before breaking apart. I retrieved back to my locker getting ready to take a shower so that I could go home and relax for a bit.

"I'll see y'all on the west coast!" Manning yelled  waving at everyone before he walked out the locker room with coach on his tail. After a well needed shower I was ready to go it seemed like the countless days of workouts were now catching up to my body.

"You wanna grab something to eat?" Sterling came over asking. We would be traveling together I offered him a ride on my jet since there was going to be room "yeah man just meet me at my place later" I told him gathering my things "you already know Ben bout to be there too" added reminding him that Ben would be tagging along like usual.

When I got home I had no time to relax the minute I touched my bed there was pounding at my front door. Groaning as I got up I took my time getting to the door. Before I saw who it was I heard the voice, Ben was here. Sighing a opened the door then turned around to head back up the stairs he knew where everything was he didn't me to greet him and tell him to come in.

"So you just gon not say hello" he said his voice loud as ever "that's how you gon treat your best friend that ain't even right" he continued his voices followed me through out the house.

"Man shut up I'm tired go find Chris and go do something " I said no longer heading for the room instead I went into the living room laying on the couch. Chris had flown up a couple days ago after I had gotten back from my dads, I had barely seen him though since he was out doing his own thing. "I feel like you don't want me here" he says taking a seat on the couch across from me "that's cuz I don't" I answered turning the tv on to see ESPN on the screen.

"Yaya would want me here" he whined "speaking of where my bestie at why she ain't around I texted her and she said she would be here" he continued to speak usually I would ignore his continuous questions but as soon as I heard her name I felt the need to answer. "You texted her?" I didn't know the two even exchanged numbers.