76. Prepping

Naya

After the appointment Heather sported a grin all over her face she made sure to keep the envelope secured and out of harm's way and within seconds of knowing she had already started planning my gender reveal. I didn't mind though her ideas weren't bad and she always asked me before she wrote them down. I didn't ask her to plan it but if she wanted to take time out of her day to do it then so be it who was I to go and stop her.

When we pulled into the driveway O and I stayed in the car as his mom jumped out. "Y'all not coming in?" She asked seeing that we made no effort to move "Nah we'll be back in an hour or so gotta go do something real quick" O told his mom not telling her where we were going.

"Okay be careful" she waved us goodbye, we didn't leave the driveway until we saw that she was safely inside with the door closed behind her.

"I will do all the talking" O looked over placing a hand on my thigh "Okay" I mumbled not arguing with him, he was making the right decision on deciding to be the one that talked after everything our doctor told us I wasn't going to complain.

When Dr.Burke came back into the room she let me know that my blood pressure had been high. At first, when she said it I didn't really think much of it but after explaining what it might mean I began to silently freak out. Apparently, I now might be a risk for preeclampsia which causes high blood pressure and injury to my brain or liver failure and that this was probably why I was always Nauseous. If my urine sample came back with protein in it then I was going to have to start coming in for weekly checks instead of every month. She said it wasn't uncommon for women in their first pregnancies but that didn't make me feel any better she also said if I do have it and it gets worse then my baby could die or be born prematurely that put everyone on edge real quick.

She said she would call me and if anything and tell me to come in and that if it is preeclampsia that I should continue to take my prenatal vitamins daily, eat less salt, more protein and more water. Of course, Odell wrote all of this down even asking questions on if there was a cure and where to go from here. I mean yeah I was scared but at the same time, I didn't know for sure if I had it so I couldn't freak out just yet.

"Hopefully he's not home" I say nervous about Marcel being there if he was then there was no point in even trying Nattie would tell us to leave. "I don't think he is I checked his IG story and he was in Florida last it showed" Odell had made sure he wasn't there to create more of a mess, I nodded taking a deep breath my nerves were kicking in.

When we pulled into the driveway the only car we saw was Natties Benz which confirmed what O had said. "Here" he held his hand out for me to hold helping me get out of the car.

"That gets harder every time" I say hopping down from the Rover. "Yeah I gotta get a different car... a more pregnant friendly one" He thought out loud to himself closing the door behind me.

We made our way to the door O knocking with all his might so that it was heard throughout the house "Okay hulk don't be breaking down her door now" I joked shaking my head "oh my bad"

I heard her footsteps before I saw her when she opened the door she had an unsure smile on her face surprised to see us or better yet me. "Hey guys" she was hesitant so she didn't open the door fully.

"Hey sorry for the pop up we just wanted to stop by and talk to you real quick" I say not wanting her to feel bombarded. "Okay" she moves back for a minute letting us through the door, the house felt foreign to me as if it was the first time I was walking into it. The place felt lonely and quiet and empty.

"Who's with Mally?" She questioned noticing her son wasn't with us "my mom" O answered taking a seat on the couch not mentioning that Ben was also there too and the two were inseparable. She nodded her head taking a seat on the couch across from us "soo what do you want to say" she crossed her arms leaning back into the chair.