Chapter 5

After a long and awkward conversation about how i shouldnt let people treat me the way amber had earlier, mr. gryffen finally let me leave. only on the condition that i got straight home and put ice on my face and go to bed for a good nights rest so my wounds that amber had inflicted could heal.

if he only knew...i wouldnt be getting sleep till probably around 3am if i was lucky. i sometimes didnt get to sleep at all lately. i was usually making sure mom didnt overdose or drink to the point she killed herself.

i sighed to myself and felt my chest tighten and a lump form in my throat as i thought about it.

this had been my life since i was around 12 since my dad left.....i quickly shook myself from the memory so that i could concentrate long enough to get home. then i would probably go on autopilot cleaning up my moms mess. if i didnt i know she would be pissed tomorrow.

i was halfway home when a old looking blue jeep wrangler pulled up next to me. the person rolled down the windows and my eyes widened a bit and i looked at a handsome mr. gryffen behind the wheel of the amazing jeep.

"do you need a ride home" said mr gryffen with his sexy husky voice.

i shook myself out of my mental conversation about how sexy he was.

"no im okay i can make it from here i dont live very far..." i said in almost a whisper. im surprised he heard me at all.

i did not want my mom to see mr. gryffen driving me home she would probably make assumptions that werent true. like that he was my boy toy. that i was being a whore. she wouldnt ask me if her assumptions were right or not she would probably hit me again. and the bruises from a couple weeks ago when my i grabbed a taxi home and it was one of those cars that only had a sticker on the side saying taxi...so she didnt see it. and i got bruised ribs.

i did not want that to happen again.

"i insist, hop in. please." he said looking stubborn as if he wasnt leaving without me getting in his car and him driving me home.

"i said i dont need a ride mr gryffen." i said giving him an annoyed look.

"i need to talk to your mother anyways about what happend today, so just hop in im going to your house anyways." he said looking at me straight in the eye.

i gasped a little and my eyes widened in fear. "No!" i said a little colder than i should have. "you dont need to go to my house or tell my mom anything!"

he looked taken aback and gawked at me. "and why not? you were assaulted today seelie. your mother should know about this." he said looking at me a little confused at my reaction to him telling me he was going to tell my mom.

"you dont need to she knows im being bullied....." i said trying to think of a good excuse. "plus, shes not home today she went....out with some friends. and wont be back till later tonight." i said feeling a bit of pride at the good excuse.

he didnt believe me he just stared at me and said "seelie get in the car, i know your mothers there. i already called her. she knows im coming. she asked if i could give you a ride."

i looked at him fear stricken. his eyes widened and his face took on a very confused expression. i looked down at my feet fighting tears.

oh no......this is going to be a hell of a night.....literaly.

---------

sorry its taken so long to update, ive had alot going on in my life. i dont wanna drop this story because i love it.

please tell me what yall think; should i drop it? or keep going?