Chapter 21

hey everyone i decided to update a bit early cause i cant sleep. its 5:32 in the morning here -.-" haha so im not sure how could this chapter will come out or how long it will be.

-------

i stared at conner waiting for him to speak.

he looked very uncomfortable like he didnt want to say anything.

i looked at mr. gryffan for answers he just coughed, rubbed the back of his neck and turned his head slowly shifting his feet on the ground.

there reactions to me asking about my mother was kind of scaring me.

"guys, just tell me whats going on, where is my mother?" i said slowly keeping my voice from shaking.

"see...the thing is seelie," conner began looking me in the eye now, he seemed to be a bit calmer.

"seelie...your mom is in jail." he came out with it and his eyes were looking into mine as if daring me to say she didnt belong there."

i stared at them in shock.

why was my mom in jail!? neither of them could know or anyone for that matter what actually happened.

how could she be in jail. they didnt have any proof that she had done this to me.

"w-why is she in jail?" i said trying to avert my eyes away from mr. gryffan who was looking at me sternly. as if i had done something wrong.

i dont like when he looks at me like that.

neither of them answered me they were looking at me as if i was stupid. or missing the pun in a very obvious joke.

"i saw wh--"

"you know why!" mr gryffan interupted almost yelling.

he looked livid.

"Luke---"

"dont give me that bullshit about her protecting her mother conner! you know as well as i do what happened in that house. i saw it!" he began tears of anger welling up in his eyes.

"she beat her!" he said.

"you couldnt have been there..." i trailed off.

"you were already unconsious when i arrived. i had a bad feeling so i decided to come by your house and check on you. and when i did i heard screaming. someone yelling at someone else with profanity then i heard a crash. i called 911 and went in the house to find your mother beating the shit out of an unconsious you."

"wha---"

"don't." he almost yelled.

"Do. Not. Defend. THAT." he said spitting the last word out.

i didnt know what to say, i had never seen him this angry. it scared me.

i looked at him a million questions in my head.

"whats gonna happen to me...?" i said slowly trying not to anger him anymore.

conner cleared his throat and i slowly brought my eyes to meet his.

he looked at me as if i was very fragile.

"you will live with luke and myself. he is your teacher. and they asked him since he was the closest to you and you and him got along well enough if we wanted to take care of you for the time being...we said thats fine. you will be living with us from now on." he said with a small smile on his face.

oh no....im gonna be living with mr. gryffan. the man im in love with.

oh Lord, i silently prayed. please get me through this without much mishap.