chapter 12

I was in such shock after hearing mister gryffen say that I didn't even realize he had been calling my name for the past few moments. "seelie?" he said looking at me with worry coating his eyes.

All I could think at the moment was, he thinks I'm beautiful l, he thinks I'm beautiful. ME. The ugly one in the family. The one my mother told me would never make anything of myself or find anyone to love me...ME. He likes me.

My eyes began to water as I kept thinking and when he saw that my eyes were watering his eyes widened and he began to panic.

"seelie! I'm sorry! I didn't---I didn't think you would be so appalled that you would cry..." he said his face was reddening with the thought of rejection. "I'm so stupid I shouldn't have opened my big mouth. Please for---"

"wait what?" my mouth finally let the thoughts that were running through my brain escape. "you think I'm appalled?!" I almost screamed at the hilarity of that thought.

"mr. Gryffan, I am so not appalled." I began staring at him incredulous "if anything I'm shocked that someone like you would think someone like me" I said gesturing to myself in big motions probably looking like a complete idiot "could think someone that looks like me is Beautiful." I said "it's like I'm dreaming" I finally got all of it out in one breath.

I wonder if he even understood it.

When I was done all he did for the next few moments was stare at me as if I was the stupidest person in the world then his eyes widened when he realized something I think.

"wait," he began "what do you mean someone that looks like you?" he said I could see rage building up in his eyes.

"I mean someone like me, someone ugly, someone freakish....." I said slowly as if I was talking to a toddler.

i looked down as i was saying this.

mr. gryffan didnt speak for a few moments so i dared a peak through my lashes as i bit my lip kind of afraid to see the look he was giving me.

hes probably pitying me. i thought to myself for the millionth time.

i was kinda taken aback by the look on his face. and his close proximity. he was like 2 inches from my face i could feel his breath on my face. it was minty. i thought to myself.

seelie no! do not think about how intoxicatingly minty your teachers breath is. i silently scolded myself.

his eyes held both anger and something else i couldnt identify. it kinda freaked me out a little and gave my butterflies in my stomach. his perfect eyes....

"seelie...." he began. "you, are the furthest from ugly i have ever seen in my life..." he trailed off getting closer to me....

---------

heh. sorry guys i know its a bad cliffy, but it kinda hurts to type laying how i am and i cant move my laptop or it will turn off.

i got my first tattoo the other day! :3

anyways, tell me what you think.

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN