Chapter 28 - Where am I?!

Start from the beginning

“You don’t have to apologize, Ry.”

He shook his head. “But I should have told you.”

“Is that why you were acting weird before the concert? About leaving Adelaide?”

Ryan nodded. “Yeah, I just had no idea you’d be unconscious for it.”

I laughed, throwing my head back. I looked around the room, catching a glimpse of the digital clock on the bedside table. It read 4:03, obviously in the afternoon as sunlight was streaming through a gap in the curtains where they didn’t completely close.

“Um, so why did you come back with me? You could have just stayed in Australia.”

“I didn’t want to leave you Blair. I know it sounds a little creepy, but I don’t think I can be away from you for that long. After Adelaide it would be Japan, so a few weeks until I officially get to see you again. I… I couldn’t do it. I guess I just love you Blair. It’s that simple.”

I felt like I was about to melt into a little puddle down at Ryan’s feet. “I love you,” I whispered, bringing myself in close again, although we didn’t move apart much when I’d pulled away beforehand.

“So the wedding is at 2 tomorrow, and we still haven’t bought you a dress, you know.”

“I don’t need to get a dress-“

“As much as I wouldn’t mind it, Blair, you can’t go naked,” Ryan joked. I laughed and shoved him with my arm. He laughed with me.

“As I was saying, I have plenty of dresses. I don’t need to buy one. Remember the one Laura sent me?”

“Oh yeah, the grey one. But I’ll buy you one anyway, just for the sake of it. Don’t worry about it, Blair.”

“Ry, you don’t have to buy me anything-“

“I’m buying you a dress. You have no say in this.”

“Wait, I have no say in something that involves me?”

“Nope,” Ryan stated, smiling like an idiot. I rolled my eyes and kissed him on the cheek.

“I guess we better go then,” I murmured, looking around for my bag that I took to the concert. “Where’s my bag?” I asked. Ryan walked over to the small cupboard on one side of the room and opened it, revealing my bag hanging on a coat-hanger, next to some old coats. In the bottom of the cupboard was my luggage. I walked over and politely grabbed it from him, rummaging through the contents to find my phone. I found it and opened it, revealing about 30 messages from Cass. I went through most of them, seeing that they all basically said the same thing.

‘Are you alright? The guys filled me in on everything, do you need me to come back to Nashville?’

I quickly texted back a reply.

‘I’m fine, stay in Aus and work things out with Jamie. I wanna know everything babe! Xx’

A second after I hit send Ryan was dragging me out the bedroom door and into a small lounge, he had grabbed my suitcase and backpack, obviously knowing my intentions of not coming back.

“We’re going to buy her a dress, be back in a few hours.”

“The shops close at 5, be back by 5:30,” Damien demanded. It surged something inside of me, anger boiled in my veins.

“You don’t have any right to say that. We’ll be back when we want to be, don’t wait up, because I’m not coming back here,” I sneered. Damien winced at the harshness of my voice.