Chapter 8 - Here comes the 'talk.'

It was Wednesday afternoon and my mind was still stuck on the kiss that Ryan and I shared two nights ago. Mum had gone into her depressive state, like she always did when she and Laura fight. I’d played my role, bringing her tissues and chocolate ice cream. I was in my room at this point, playing Temple Run on my phone. I was up to 4,000 metres when my phone suddenly went into call screen. It was an unknown number, and as stupid as I was I answered wondering who the hell was calling me.

“Hello?” My voice was polite, as it always was when I was answering to people on the phone other than Cass or Laura.

“Hey, Blair.” The voice was like heaven, and I suddenly felt so stupid for not realising who it was before.

“Ryan, hi,” my voice was surprisingly sexy, and I covered my mouth astonishingly for I didn’t know where the hell that had come from.

there was chucking on the other end. “I was wondering, we should meet up today? I need to talk to you.”

I was confused, but my heart swooned. Talk to me? Oh god, this was really happening. I was really falling in love with my favourite celebrity.

“Sure, where do you wanna meet?”

“Come to the Springs Hotel, Laura and Nathan are out getting lunch and deciding on wedding invites.”

“I’ll be there in 10,” I responded after a few deliberate seconds, to prove I wasn’t hanging on his every word.

“Ten?” His voice was doubtful. “It’s a few streets away?”

“I know, but mum won’t drive me even if I pay her. Besides I need some fresh air. See you soon.” I disconnected and looked down at what I was wearing. I wore black shorts with lace pockets hanging out of the bottom and a Hot Chelle Rae singlet. Well, I’ll have to change. I would not be walking up to Ryan with a hot Chelle Rae shirt on. I found a clean shirt on my bed and threw it on. It was another singlet, but the colour of lavender and had dark purple ribbons on the hem. It was a shirt that Laura used to have, and she’d passed it down to me when she moved out. It was her favourite shirt, and was given to me as a reminder that she loved me.

I grabbed my phone and headed out the door, not bothering to tell mum I was going out. I could hear her snoring from outside; she wasn’t waking up anytime soon. It did take me around 10 minutes to get to the hotel, and I looked up to see a white building of about 4 stories. It had an old look, with brick detailing outside of the window frames and glass panelled doors. I walked in and suddenly panicked. How do I get up to their room? I don’t know which floor they are!

“Uh, Blair?” A questioning voice broke me out of my thoughts. The clerk behind the desk had his head held high with his nose in the air. He was looking straight at me, so I assumed it was his snobby voice that had spoken.

“Yes?”

“Ryan is in room 34b, floor 3. He wanted me to tell you.” The clerk smiled and gestured to the stairs. There was no elevator that I could see, so I smiled back and skipped up the stairs, taking two at a time. By the time I was at the third floor I was almost completely out of breath. I looked at the first door I could see, which was 31a. The door across from it was 31b. I walked 4 doors up and took a few deeps breaths before knocking on the door, directly under the gold-plated letters reading 34b. I knocked three times and heard shuffling towards the door, then looked down to see the gold handle twist and the door swung open.

“Blair!” Ryan looked excited to see me. My hair blew across my face from the sudden burst of air from inside the room, so I brushed it aside with the tips of my low-cut fingernails.