Chapter 31 - The wedding part 1

Hey guys! Thanks for reading this far, we're almost done! :) Would really appreciate some comments on this chapter, just to tell me what you think so far. And also, i'm trying to get up to 200 votes on this story, it's a little goal of mine for the new year, hopefully by the end of the month we'll be there. So please, vote for other chapters as well if you can. Love you all! 

- Brit xx

______________________________

The small orchestra started up the famous wedding march, and that was when I snapped back into reality. It's finally happening. I shifted in the white wooden chair that was set in the front row of chairs. Ryan was next to me, his hand resting comfortably on my thigh and caressing the smooth grey material of the dress that Laura had gotten me for my birthday. My hair was done in a large bun, I'd put a small disc in there to make it look larger, and clumps of my hair hung down in perfect curls. Everyone on the bride's side of the wedding started to stand, followed by the grooms side, where a majority of them were men. Ryan's and my fingers grasped each other gently, and just the thought that he was there was enough. The entire 10 rows of people turned to the back in time for Laura to walk through the decorative doors, with mum at her side. The wedding was set at Yavé's, which was an events centre in the centre of Nashville. It wasn't at all big, with only few rooms to occupy celebrations, but it was complete luxury. The room we hired was decorated with glass lanterns and fairy lights, with a white and light ginger colour theme. There were no windows, and it gave the room a cozy feel, which was exactly what Laura wanted. Candles in frosted holders were delicately placed throughout the room. 

She looked stunning as she was walking down the aisle towards Nate, who was dressed in a simple suit. The few sounds in the room consisted of the sounds of awe from families, the faint buzz of electricity from all of the lights, and the 'clop' of Laura's gorgeous shoes. They were only a few inches high, but they had two straps that intertwined and wrapped around the top of her foot and her ankle. One was white satin material, the other was the same but covered in sparkly diamonds. They'd overall only costed $120.00, which was a bargain for her. Although I really didn't think it mattered, because her flowing dress was almost completely covering them. The dress was a beautiful ivory, it went with her tanned skin perfectly. The small straps sat neatly on her shoulders, they were engraved with a swirl pattern which looked amazing. The swirl pattern continued in lines down the torso of the dress, which clung to her body and makde her curves stand out. Just where her hips were, the dress puffed out into the skirt, and the swirl pattern continued in a line until it reached the bottom of the dress. I'd told Laura that having a dress that clung to her body wouldn't be right for her, so she chose one that had extra padding underneath. It wasn't like a ballgown, it was a bit slimmer, but the overall effect was gorgeous. Her hair was done like mine, in a neat bun and curled to perfection. A few tendrils snuck out and bounced as she walked happily down the aisle. When she came closer to me she caught my eye and I gasped. Her makeup... oh, her makeup was stunning. She had on silver and gold eyeliner, which curled into swirls on the edge of her eyes. Her foundation was flawless, and her lips were outlined with a pencil a shade lighter than her lip stick. Mum had drawn to love hearts overlapping each other just below her left eye, and it just seemed to go perfectly with the silver and gold swirls on her dress. 

Laura smiled and me and reached her arms out, giving me a kiss on the cheek and moving on. Mum gave me a cheerful smile, but I couldn't take my eyes off Laura. I felt tears spring to my eyes. This is the most beautiful that I have ever seen her, I whimpered to myself, the words echoing in my mind. 

Nate looked as surprised as I felt, and he took Laura's hand to help her up the few steps that led up to the altar. They smiled at each other, and the look in their eyes made me want to melt. It was true love, and that's the only look there was between those two from then on. Mum stood next to Laura and waited for the priest to speak.